High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Customers that make you go WTF

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Some people just amaze me. This saw showed up in the shop a year ago with a broken wrap handle. He was to cheap to buy a new one, or the couple used ones that i found on Ebay. Thought i should be able to find a used one for free since it was so old. When i told him that wasnt happening he picked up his saw and left. Fast forward to this morning when he comes carrying it back in.....WTF are these people thinking? He was proud of his home brewed front wrap handle and I am not sure what the zip tie is for, I didnt ask but i assume it doesnt idle and thats his way of keeping it runningAS 006.jpg AS 007.jpg AS 008.jpg AS 009.jpg

idiotwithasaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I would have at least found some thin wall pipe, like copper water line, and bent it into shape. But I also have ebay, and a few rummage holes...

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It's odd that he managed to acquire a decent old saw that actually still had some value then did that to it. I mean, how damaged was the handle for that to have seemed like an improvement?
65-70 year old man, he bought it new. I dont remember what the handle was like when he brought it in last summer.

redtractor

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the many occasions when I get those in, I tell the customer that the only way I'll touch it is if the safety stuff is fixed first. They've been turned away because they refused to get the chain brake or chain catcher or any broken handle fixed. You gotta remember, 99% of my customers are Harry Homeowner that don't know which end of the saw to hold.

fordf150

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
On the many occasions when I get those in, I tell the customer that the only way I'll touch it is if the safety stuff is fixed first. They've been turned away because they refused to get the chain brake or chain catcher or any broken handle fixed. You gotta remember, 99% of my customers are Harry Homeowner that don't know which end of the saw to hold. Hi
i told him not to bring it back....we wont work on it unless at minimum the wrap is replaced and the throttle issue is fixed. zip tied WOT is nuts

idiotwithasaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
No no guys, your missing it. This is the new slim line lo pro model. In this case lo pro stand's for Low Grade Product.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
farmer, hillbilly, redneck....doesnt matter what you are, there are limits to rigging stuff up and this is way beyond acceptable. i dont know how he even gets it started because that is just #9 fence wire that bends just picking it up
:aaaaa: Yep, a picture truly is worth a 1,000 words! :besos:

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, that saw is lighter than other versions of that model. He will be too when he cuts off a few body parts. Not sure how well that saw could be handled in a kickback situation. The brake handle probably served as "top handle" until it too broke off... If it was an 017 or something that would be one thing but a 60cc saw with no handle? Wow, all I can say is wow.