AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
4:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was really discouraged to find the plastic/nylon caged bearings in 5-series Huskies. I replaced mine on the 562XP rebuild and couldn't locate any metal caged bearings to install instead.

Anyway, here's to hoping they hold up. As some others have said, they felt good before cases were split. My PTO side had a real hitch in one of the balls. It was almost has if a piece of plating had flaked off or had pitting corrosion.

My dealer looked at me like I was nuts when I told him I wanted the new bearing pressed on (I don't have a press yet). Then I showed him the problem.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
9:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
There are good reasons why ceramic bearings are not commonly used in crankshaft.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
3:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I split the case I toss in new bearings, unfortantly Huskies 242 PTO bearing is NLA, that is the only saw I dont swap both bearings in.

If I get one decent 550 project with a usuable crank it get new bearings no mather what, I somehow think Husky slap them together in a hurry, new bearings, heat, tools, just get that bottom part as good as possible before I build her up again.

Other then then 242's and 550's, SKF Explorer 6202 C3 VG104 is the bearings I mostly buy, they are OEM bearings but I buy them from one SKF dealer in Norway, Ashell placed in Kristiansand, 1/2 the price compared against Husky.