Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got this thing it seems .If I restore any thing it's right to where it was when it was first made if I possibly can .The latest is a Singer sewing machine I bought at a house hold estate sale over 20 years made in 1965 for 5 bucks .I've been able to find every tiny little part on flea bay including the nylon spool holders .I know strange for a man to do to some but I've marched to a different drummer my entire life .I recently found a cache of 50 original Singer needles , size 97/14 for less than they sell 5 for .

hoskvarna

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got this thing it seems .If I restore any thing it's right to where it was when it was first made if I possibly can .The latest is a Singer sewing machine I bought at a house hold estate sale over 20 years made in 1965 for 5 bucks .I've been able to find every tiny little part on flea bay including the nylon spool holders .I know strange for a man to do to some but I've marched to a different drummer my entire life .I recently found a cache of 50 original Singer needles , size 97/14 for less than they sell 5 for .

I’ve got a sewing machine and know how to use it
My wife does not know how to sew
I fix my own work clothes

Sent from Hoskey hilltop

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have 3 sewing machines at work and 3 at home.
At home is an old portable Singer that was serviced in the early 60s. The service tag is still on it.
A 60s era New home machine that is moms. It has the best stitch quality of all my machines.
A #7 Singer that is huge. Just the machine weighs 100lbs. It was used to make cargo chutes .

One more that i forgot is an old Singer pedal machine it still has the manual with it.

My wife does hand sewing on old quilts and some needlepoint and i use the machines.

A chainsaw is simple compared to a sewing machine. Getting one into proper time so it makes a good stitch will test you.
Lots of things happening at once.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are mechanical marvels .This one was so far out of timing I had to buy the book plus You Tube on how to get it back .This model can use a double needle which first of all I wouldn't have any use for it nor would I know how to set it up .If I'm not mistaken also one of the first models that had the zig zag built into it using the discs which I have an entire set of .The one my mother had.made in the early 50's required the add on attachment which came out later to zig zag .I think my niece has it now .
My parents used that old machine to build an entire set of the canvas tops etc fort the mahogany Owens cabin cruiser dad had ,26 footer .Wooden boat, beautiful but lots of work to keep it that way .Twin Evinrude 25 HP .24 mph wide open .

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
just learned that an older friend of mine passed away yesterday. had been fighting brain cancer for 3 years, was cancer free as of this spring. had a cough for a few days, felt fine otherwise. woke up at 4 am yesterday and couldnt breath. he died before his wife could get him out of the house. all his friends he plays poker with are positive, as well as several city/dpw workers. city hall closed, all city employees quarantined for two weeks. any of you guys out there who deny the severity of this thing do so at not only your own peril, but those around you.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
just learned that an older friend of mine passed away yesterday. had been fighting brain cancer for 3 years, was cancer free as of this spring. had a cough for a few days, felt fine otherwise. woke up at 4 am yesterday and couldnt breath. he died before his wife could get him out of the house. all his friends he plays poker with are positive, as well as several city/dpw workers. city hall closed, all city employees quarantined for two weeks. any of you guys out there who deny the severity of this thing do so at not only your own peril, but those around you.
Sorry to hear that Cus. Condolences to you and all that knew him. Before the dust settles, a lot of us will have family members die from this. All this talk of it being such a small percentage of the population... what if 4 of those deaths were you and your significant others parents. Still just a statistic? It's far from over. My wife took care of a Covid patient at her hospital and he passed last Monday. The death still hasn't shown on our local news.

hoskvarna

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Condolences Cuz [emoji22]

Sent from Hoskey hilltop

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

*s-word, Custer. Sorry to hear that.

I clicked like on your post because of the last part. Can't like the beginning. My condolences, and stay safe.