High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Can anyone here fix my Titan saw

semicabin

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Looking at the red and yellow paint I’m leaning towards your saw being a 1952 Titan 65 would have to see the gear/clutch housing. I have one in about the same condition as yours, It hangs on the wall in my shed and collects ALOT of dust. You have two pull start handles on your work bench.? Mine has the twin handle setup for two man use. I’m after a conrod, barrel, rings,clutch, points, condenser, coil....

,rings are 2”

What is stamped on the side of the base feet, do the numbers 65 appear.? Also there are numbers on the clutch housing 217 is for 65 from memory.

Cross checking parts from there other models might work in your favour too as I read somewhere some parts shops used parts from various models to fix issues. Bob Gillespie also told me parts are tricky to locate, his book is a must have, but you are in USA so reckon if persistent you will in time find parts for your saw and have spares for mine ;)

Like I said looks great hanging on the wall!

Cheers Eddie

Last edited:

sawnami

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's the Titan 60 section of a sales brochure that I have.
6514a11599711ca2032ab4ef098ad0f5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a model 60 that I'm pretty sure is complete, but I haven't messed with it at all.

I don't know if better pictures would help either of you, but if you need a certain angle looked at, let me know.
2019-05-30 19.48.43.jpg 2019-05-30 19.48.47.jpg 2019-05-30 19.48.57.jpg

mirage

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was told if the tanks were separate it is a model/ series 60 .

semicabin

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The tanks are separate on the 65 too, looking at your gear drive housing where clutch cup sits does look like a 60 on second glance. Spouse this is what series means and the 60 and 65 parts must be virtually the same. But if you study pics you will see the gear drives are different. There’s a stamp on the feet to know for sure. Made in USA is also stamped. There must have been a crossover period from the 60/65 as Titan seen that McCulloch could sell yellow saws and then decided to paint there saws yellow as well, I much prefer the blue color scheme.
Like you mirage I’m learning about the Titans too, if I lived in the states I’d buy everyone I could get my hands on. Anyone with a spare titan helper handle?

Last edited:

mirage

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The tanks are separate on the 65 too, looking at your gear drive housing where clutch cup sits does look like a 60 on second glance. Spouse this is what series means and the 60 and 65 parts must be virtually the same. But if you study pics you will see the gear drives are different. There’s a stamp on the feet to know for sure. Made in USA is also stamped. There must have been a crossover period from the 60/65 as Titan seen that McCulloch could sell yellow saws and then decided to paint there saws yellow as well, I much prefer the blue color scheme.
Like you mirage I’m learning about the Titans too, if I lived in the states I’d buy everyone I could get my hands on. Anyone with a spare titan helper handle?

I guess the shipping would be real HIGH. When I come down there I will put one in my carry on baggage . NO one said anything about chainsaw just guns and knives.

semicabin

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hello,

Been doing more research and it seems the only difference in the Titan 60 and the Titan 40 is the piston size was an 8th If an inch larger and the tanks slightly different.
Titan 40 are easier to find, there a 2 available on eBay at the moment. If this is true then This means that parts like clutch, points,condensers etcetc could be found. A gamble but worth looking into.
What I like about these saws and that the entire thing is built with one bolt/nut size. Not like today’s plastic saws which are held together with 100 different size screws.

Like I said you live around them, if you can throw an Aussie a lifeline aswell with parts to get mine going I would pay all costs.

I’m also working on a 1949 Titan 200 junior, I just scored an original muffler last week from Wisconsin, Stoked !

Cheers Eddie

Last edited:

mirage

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My piston is stuck. Trying the ATF, acetone and kryoil mix. I guess all the clutches are bad. Sure don't know what to do about the clutch. I think this might be a problem. I think even if you found a new one it would have to be fixed.