You have lots of experience I see Ryan. [emoji106]

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Every traffic stop is dangerous. To think otherwise is wrong. Complacency gets people killed.

And if you wanna get further into that..

I sat down in a community outreach day with the cheif of police in a pace called duquense thats a Pittsburgh neighborhood ( the murder rate is ridiculous) you can buy houses for 500-1000 bucks a pop. We talked the neighborhood and the relationship with the police department. I explained to him that his situation was a 2 way street, sending a bunch of peckerwoods who don't even know 2pac died from the suburbs and rural areas to an area like that results in bad situations. Those cops know nothing about the area or the people. He sat there and listened and soaked it in and admitted they need to do something. We chopped it up much deeper and further but I don't feel like typing all that. Needless to say I opened his eyes to some things he couldn't see from where he was at.

On that same day I talked to a kid that just got home from the middle east. 22 years old..in the army. He flat out told me his chance of being killed was way higher in his neighborhood than it was in Iraq. He actually wanted to go back.

I'm tired of this culture of heros and hashtags. Shut the fukk up and do your job.

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You have lots if pent up anger bruh.
You try and make it seem like I worked at Mayberry RFD.

ucm931

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Don't try to make sense of what he is saying. He is just taking runs and digs at me. All fun and games til someone gets hurt...
Yep. No worries. I get his humor. Long day, tired, and my mangina got a little triggered.....tiz all. Carry on with the ball busting.

ucm931

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
And if you wanna get further into that..

I sat down in a community outreach day with the cheif of police in a pace called duquense thats a Pittsburgh neighborhood ( the murder rate is ridiculous) you can buy houses for 500-1000 bucks a pop. We talked the neighborhood and the relationship with the police department. I explained to him that his situation was a 2 way street, sending a bunch of peckerwoods who don't even know 2pac died from the suburbs and rural areas to an area like that results in bad situations. Those cops know nothing about the area or the people. He sat there and listened and soaked it in and admitted they need to do something.

On that same day I talked to a kid that just got home from the middle east. 22 years old..in the army. He flat out told me his chance of being killed was way higher in his neighborhood than it was in Iraq.

I'm tired of this culture of heros and hashtags. Shut the fukk up and do your job.
There's all kinds in every profession. Some good, some bad. Not going to get into the politics of things, but there's always more to the story that what we see or are told.

ucm931

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Absolutely. The 16 year old kid that takes selfies and hangs out at starbucks that accidentally ran a redlight scares the *s-word outta me.

Even guys I've known for 20 years that are cops admit that.

Complacency can get you killed at a donut shop..or anywhere for that matter.
This is true.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is true.

A kid I've known basically my whole life that's a Pittsburgh cop basically told me 99% of his interactions on traffic stops are positive experiences..you get the occasional idiot. I'd rather do that than be the clerk at a restaurant and deal with ignorant *a-holes all day.

I go to places and sit on porches with our outreach program in neighborhoods you'd roll up the windows and lock the doors and pray you make it alive out of to talk to those kids about life decisions and how to rise above their situations. And I don't have a badge or authority to hide behind or protect me. I could get blasted at any given moment. We have a BIG culture problem in this country...but I won't go there..

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't try to make sense of what he is saying. He is just taking runs and digs at me. All fun and games til someone gets hurt...

Are you implying you're gonna do something?

ucm931

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
A kid I've known basically my whole life that's a Pittsburgh cop basically told me 99% of his interactions on traffic stops are positive experiences..you get the occasional idiot. I'd rather do that than be the clerk at a restaurant and deal with ignorant *a-holes all day.

I go to places and sit on porches with our outreach program in neighborhoods you'd roll up the windows and lock the doors and pray you make it alive out of to talk to those kids about life decisions and how to rise above their situations. And I don't have a badge or authority to hide behind or protect me. I could get blasted at any given moment. We have a BIG culture problem in this country...but I won't go there..
Well brother, I give you mega props for doing the things you do with that program. We need more people willing to do community outreach.
Unfortunately, not every officer's experience is the same as that one from Pittsburgh. Not saying that it's all doom and gloom, but it is what it is.

ucm931

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Nah, I won't put words in his mouth, but I think he meant until feelers get hurt. Like mine slightly did in this case......so anywho, you and your Prince Albert.....wtf? lol

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well brother, I give you mega props for doing the things you do with that program. We need more people willing to do community outreach.
Unfortunately, not every officer's experience is the same as that one from Pittsburgh. Not saying that it's all doom and gloom, but it is what it is.

The guy that got me into it told me in the end life is measured by what you give and not what you acquire. It resignated with me.

People hop on bandwagons way too quick..not everyone in poor neighborhoods are criminals and not all cops are good people.

It's flared right now with race relations. I talked to a girl I went to high school with on tuesday that's Pittsburgh PD...pretty girl actually. She said with all the race *s-word going on they're being told to just stand down. She'll be the first to tell you they aren't held accountable for some of the stuff they get away with..not that it justifies what's going on ..but..

20200731_190516.jpg

She's cool as hell.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nah, I won't put words in his mouth, but I think he meant until feelers get hurt. Like mine slightly did in this case......so anywho, you and your Prince Albert.....wtf? lol

If I ever get my feelings hurt on a chainsaw forum you have full permission to kick me in the balls.

sawfun

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I

I get that as I have no badge or authority, nor much company support. I drive a city bus and my only real tool is reading a situation and applying respect in a way that is strong but not completely uncaring. Listening to folks, real bad guys and all, and choosing what I say carefully has kept me alive so far. Mouth and attitude can go a long way when properly applied. Often better than threats of force. Demanding respect in return is often not necessary as it is generally given, even if reluctantly. Ive been doing this for 29 years now, I hope to make it 30 +.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Relax Bruh. As I have already stated. I did 25 years on the street. I am not going to chat here with you on my integrity. Your true colors show through every post you make.
I have no regrets. I look in the mirror every day. No worries, no problems.
I don't and have never "hid" behind the badge as you so nicely describe. As a matter of fact, I haven't carried a gun 1 single day since I retired. Don't need to.
You've done nothing but bust my balls here. You belittle me and anyone who isn't a "pro" in the tree industry. And now your an expert in law enforcement too. When you've never answered a single call for service.
Carry on. Respect is earned.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I

I get that as I have no badge or authority, nor much company support. I drive a city bus and my only real tool is reading a situation and applying respect in a way that is strong but not completely uncaring. Listening to folks, real bad guys and all, and choosing what I say carefully has kept me alive so far. Mouth and attitude can go a long way when properly applied. Often better than threats of force. Demanding respect in return is often not necessary as it is generally given, even if reluctantly. Ive been doing this for 29 years now, I hope to make it 30 +.

You got it buddy...

I PREACH respect and accountability to the kids in our program..yeah they have some economic challenges. But I tell them life is yours..you own it.

People have no respect for eachother anymore. It's the root of the problem in this country.