High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Bummed with my cross 359 cylinder. Would you run it? Updated!!!

jockeydeuce

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Love the j-red but.......

Honestly I haven't even started it yet. I may get a chance to give it a once-over on Monday. Just to make sure it's ready to go. Because Tuesday -Friday my dad and a friend may come over and help me drop, cut haul next year's start. It's going to be nice having all heated saws this time. The jred from you, the 357 from @laslabjohn , this 359 that @jockeydeuce got me set up with the g parts. And my walkers 372xpg. Should make fast work out of it.

I'm running a good three months behind. That darned surgery on my leg held me up. Right now I'm just enjoying the time with our new baby girl. So that hasn't helped me get ahead, but she is worth it. And I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Steven

Steve, is the 357 you got from laslabjohn a heated full wrap with big dogs?......Just curious as it might be my 357 that I sold to him.

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
2:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bringing this one back up. I got to putting another 359 project together today. This one I used a hyway 47mm p&c and no base gasket.
Hands down the best performing cylinder I have run on a 359. It's close to the saw that mike (t4driller) did for me. Pretty respectable for a bolt on and go cylinder.

Hopefully next week I can run all the 357/359 combinations I have and see how they stack up. I might even try grinding on the paperweight cross cylinder and see if it can be made better. Don't have high hopes for that one, but I'm going to try

Steven

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm sure that Cross cylinder can be made to run, but being that they didn't do the removeable transfer covers it will be a bit more difficult to get in there. If the squish is acceptable, get in there and make some aluminum shavings! :D

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
2:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_20181122_114819859.jpg

No worries about the non removable transfer covers. I'm going to drop a weld on them when I get done grinding. Don't have any other option. Both my 45&90 degree die grinders are mia at the moment.

IMG_20181122_114840878.jpg

Started experimenting on this one last night I'll get back on it in a few days. Have one more that I will be more meticulous about. But need to start somewhere

Steven