Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
11:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Who is the Randy fellow you all are speaking of? All that I know is he builds saws for too little $$$$. As proof of his backlog!

I have 3 of his saws and all perform very well. CJ

Price increase coming right up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
7:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got 4.5 of @Mastermind Randy's saws that he's done in the recent past. Only three of them were via dealing direct with Randy, and the others I bought no questions asked from other guys on the forum.

The first transaction Randy and I had was me buying a 372 non XT P/C combo off of him to run on my J'Red 2171. I decided to send him a 461 cylinder to work up and 346XP.

The 372 and 461 are beasts. Randy really lays on the saw muscle. With both cylinders I was scratching my head, as Randy seems to be able to find powa with minimal grinding.

I also have a 357XP and a 6100 MMWS that I bought off of other guys here on the forum. They both are stellar performing saws and part of my go to repertoire.

And, the .5 is the little 346 I'm patiently waiting for Randy to have completed soon. ;)

More than anything, I'm proud to call Randy a friend.

View attachment 163702 View attachment 163703

Update: the Monkey Man from Tennessee has done it again. I got my 346 about midday and immediately went to cutting with it this afternoon. I love the recipe Randy uses for these 346 NE saws. It flat rips and the speed/torque are well balanced for my cutting style. I ran a couple tanks through it before the rain set in too heavy.

Randy told me run it like I stole it....sound advice. :D.

IMG_20190328_202128.jpg

kyle.kipple

Get busy living or get busy dyin...
Local time
12:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I sent randy my used MS261 non m/t roughly 3 years ago. I have ran gallons of fuel threw it and have sent numerous beatings to this saw to see what it would take. I run stihl mix 40:1 with regular low grade and have never had a single issue. Starts every time and puts a smile on my face when brapppiinnggg the throttle. It typically runs a 16” 3/8 semi b&c. Recently I wanted to see how well it would run a 20” 3/8 semi chisel and it exceeded my expectations. Don’t know what juices the man put in it but it sure is a mean saw. Randy was very professional to deal with and would not hesitate to send him another saw without worry or question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaronk25

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got about 10 tanks though the new 261 that randy modded. All I can say is wow. I’m new to cutting with probably only a couple hundred hours on saws and mostly, on a 271. Bought the 261 stock ran 2 tanks though ...ya ok it’s lighter and a bit better than the 271. Immediately sent it to randy and when I got it back....wow. It’s like 1/3 better and really winds out nice with a apparent big flat hp curve up on the high end.

I sent him my 2 tanks old 462 and I better hit the gym before I get that saw back for sure!
Love it Randy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Aaronk25

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can’t believe it.....while I’m waiting for randy to get to my 462 i switched the rim sprocket on my 261 so I could use a larger bar for dropping a big tree.

The 261 mastermind saw pulled a 28” bar 3/8, full chisel skip.....took the first 10 sec to get it settled down in the cut, but it really I mean really surpassed my expectations.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0w1x8TKQMwZpTx5QjhpCDUXLA#Marion,_MN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JayTx

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Bought a 261cm from Randy saw runs great. Haven't been able to use it to much because of pesky shoulder surgery. Before surgery I cut a few small oaks and bucked them for firewood. This past Friday had 2 large pine trees dropped and I bucked about the last 30' on each of them. Saw did great and chewed thru the trees with no issues. If you order and your ship date passes it wouldn't hurt to give him a call he might have forgotten about you. :risas3:

Jay

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have 3 MMWS saws ms261cm v1 ms461 built for me and 394xp I bought from another member here.
I couldn’t be happier with any of them. Randy’s communication is top shelf. All 3 are go to saws in their size range. Every one of them far exceeds what I expected not sure why, after running the 461 which was the 1’st I should have known flat out that he builds a strong hard pulling saw.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What can I say about Randy Evan's and Mastermind work saws that hasn't been said already?

I was treated like a friend, given prompt service, and am happily awaiting my MMWS 395xp. Thank you so much for your hard work, honesty, and kindness.

A new life customer,
Dominick

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What can I say about Randy Evan's and Mastermind work saws that hasn't been said already?

I was treated like a friend, given prompt service, and am happily awaiting my MMWS 395xp. Thank you so much for your hard work, honesty, and kindness.

A new life customer,
Dominick

It should be there Friday or Saturday.

Hopefully it lives up to your expectations.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It should be there Friday or Saturday.

Hopefully it lives up to your expectations.
No hope necessary, I'm confident it will be excellent. After running one at the NY gtg a couple years ago I made it a bucket list saw.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah...so that 395 is a monster and laughs at the 28" that's on it currently. I've only run a solid tank thru it but it was already gaining a bit at the end. It starts excellently, very smooth, lots of torque and it's fun to use.

You can count on Mastermind Worksaws! Thanks again, Randy.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah...so that 395 is a monster and laughs at the 28" that's on it currently. I've only run a solid tank thru it but it was already gaining a bit at the end. It starts excellently, very smooth, lots of torque and it's fun to use.

You can count on Mastermind Worksaws! Thanks again, Randy.
Did you really put a 28 8pin on that thing? Lol.
That's a good start for milling locust. You need a 10 pin 28 bucking :sisi3: