Big bore and stroked Husky 395 build.

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
May be looking at a 394xp this weekend... if I can do it sneakily.

:SimpHomer:
Guy was wanting $500 obo for a real nice one with a nice 32” bar and new chain included. I called today and it was sold already. :(

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
12:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I finally had time to look at the BB stroker again. I found that the timing was around 45 degrees (yes a whole two fins) retarded from where it should be. So I pulled the flywheel and put it where I thought it should be, started it and it had great throttle response but 5 blips later it was back to being a dog. Checked the timing and it had rotated back a whole two fins again.

So I put a sharpie mark on the flywheel to see where it was making contact with the crankshaft taper and it wan't pretty. Only contact on the inside 1/8" or so.
IMG_7230.jpg

After spinning it with lapping compound I got a more even removal of sharpie mark.
IMG_7232.jpg

Still the flywheel wouldn't stay put, it only rotated back one fin this time though.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
11:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I finally had time to look at the BB stroker again. I found that the timing was around 45 degrees (yes a whole two fins) retarded from where it should be. So I pulled the flywheel and put it where I thought it should be, started it and it had great throttle response but 5 blips later it was back to being a dog. Checked the timing and it had rotated back a whole two fins again.

So I put a sharpie mark on the flywheel to see where it was making contact with the crankshaft taper and it wan't pretty. Only contact on the inside 1/8" or so.
View attachment 134507

After spinning it with lapping compound I got a more even removal of sharpie mark.
View attachment 134508

Still the flywheel wouldn't stay put, it only rotated back one fin this time though.

You'll get it squared away.

trooney

Admitted Woodaholic
GoldMember
Local time
12:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 134507

View attachment 134508

Yeah, thats a familiar story! Lol

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
9:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wondering if you ever got a chance to measure?

I just did - thanks for the reminder.

According to my trusty "Smokey Bear" ruler, the inside of the 2094 jug from squish band to the bottom of the flange is 3 & 5/16" (Flange is 3/8").

Same measurement for the 394 jug is 3 & 7/16", but the flange is shorter on the 394 jug - only 3/16".

So from the squish band to the base of the jug on the 2094 looks to be around 2 & 15/16", and 394 is 3 & 1/4".

Inside of a 385 jug from squish band to base looks to be about 2 & 5/8", so the 2094 jug is a lot closer in terms of dimensions.
Timing might be a different story since the 385 has a 37mm stroke and the 2094/394 are both 38mm.