Big bore and stroked Husky 395 build.

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Its a long shot to ask but what brand top end did you use? 2 piece head? Stock carb? I gotta go back and re read how you got a stroked crank in it. Very very nice saw do you think it would live a long life as a long bar saw with someone working it? Seems alot of these real spicy saw builds arnt going to last too long with all the lightned pistons super thin bases, very wide ports with little support to the piston and turning super high revs. Last fine as a gtg toys for 50 short cuts a year. But put along bar on one and give it a good 60 second cut who knows.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Its a long shot to ask but what brand top end did you use? 2 piece head? Stock carb? I gotta go back and re read how you got a stroked crank in it. Very very nice saw do you think it would live a long life as a long bar saw with someone working it? Seems alot of these real spicy saw builds arnt going to last too long with all the lightned pistons super thin bases, very wide ports with little support to the piston and turning super high revs. Last fine as a gtg toys for 50 short cuts a year. But put along bar on one and give it a good 60 second cut who knows.

It's an NWP big bore kit, using the supplied piston and split ductile rings. No two piece head. WJ-71 carb adapted to fit the 395 boot and throttle cable. The crankshaft is a 2100 that has been cut to fit a 395 flywheel. It's built as a work saw, I'd put it on a chainsaw mill and let it eat without any worries.

I wish I could get better rings for it but caber doesn't make 58x1.2mm rings.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I wish I could get better rings for it but caber doesn't make 58x1.2mm rings.[/QUOTE said:
Anyone out there have a lapping machine?
I'm sure the OP would enjoy a few sets. I'll take a few myself.

I have an extra 58mm Farmtec piston somewhere. Never did check out the rings, hum...

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
4:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
It's an NWP big bore kit, using the supplied piston and split ductile rings. No two piece head. WJ-71 carb adapted to fit the 395 boot and throttle cable. The crankshaft is a 2100 that has been cut to fit a 395 flywheel. It's built as a work saw, I'd put it on a chainsaw mill and let it eat without any worries.

I wish I could get better rings for it but caber doesn't make 58x1.2mm rings.
I wonder what running on thin rings would be like.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Id like to see it with a big bar in some hardwood that is the most impressive 395 video i have seen!!!!! Wow

This is the best I could do for big bar with the wood I have around here. 42" bar, noodling some cherry that's been down for a year, 8 pin, half skip square ground chain. Anyone want a couple of nice shelf boards?