Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am going to build/finish one of these saws to be a baseline for timed cuts for all future reviews, comparisons, just wondering which one most of you guys would prefer to see.

If it ends up being one of the new build options I am also looking for a volunteer to put tanks through it and get it broken in, so send me a PM if you are interested in running one as well.
thanks
Dave

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Really need to combine the tally on the 372/2171 since they're effectively the same saw (and as well a 440/044 with the same cylinder).
Or at least have one or the other with the hole under the deflector opened up and/or no base gasket for a bit of differentiation.
And add a broken in 044/440 something or other since you're already stating it will get broken in anyway...

I keep a bunch of muffler opened up only saws in a bunch of cc increments (35 to 95cc) for baseline purposes.
I actually try to keep a more or less stock counterpart to everything I port...

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
6:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Many members have ran one of the versions of the 044/440, but most of those haven't ran every combo listed. But I think it's safe to say most of those same people have ran a 372 at some point.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
3:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never heard of any of those . . . , they can't be that good . . .

Dolmar PS-7300/7310 perhaps, or PS-7900 which is still kinda only 70cc? :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, I agree with the others it should be a saw that is widely available and known/popular - 372 or 2171 seem like a good choice in that regard.

Last edited:

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I am going to build/finish one of these saws to be a baseline for timed cuts for all future reviews, comparisons, just wondering which one most of you guys would prefer to see.

If it ends up being one of the new build options I am also looking for a volunteer to put tanks through it and get it broken in, so send me a PM if you are interested in running one as well.
thanks
Dave
Dave, are we talking "blocking " saw ? Landing ect. Felling ?
Bone stock I voted 372. But if I was stuck to 1 saw all around it would be an 066. Because it's the easiest parts to obtain, maintain and can pull 20" to 36" chains with authority.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mainly I want it for running in logs and cants since i cant run every saw every day to make direct comparisons.

If i make cuts with two different saws on two different days in different wiod it would bw nice to have a stock saw to always use as a comparison.

I figure most guys have run a 372 or 044 at some point so they seem like a good choice and i have some of them around to choose from.
Thanks
Dave

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great idea Dave, I always thought having a baseline saw for comparison to run with the same chain in the same wood would be a lot more informative than listening to the sound of the modded saw. Hell, it might even be an eye opener for some people (all that expense and work for just a 10% increase??, oh well, at least it sounds mean).

I voted 372.