Reaction score
Country flag

echoshawn

Blinker fluid
Local time
3:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Love the saws you guys are posting pics of! Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge or ability to turn a beat up saw into something worthwhile, like you guys.:clap:
Only way to get the knowhow is to find a cheap one and tear into it.
Best experience out there.

wildroamer

Winning!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Only way to get the knowhow is to find a cheap one and tear into it.
Best experience out there.

Yup, for $80 how can I not check this out?

Edit: Misread your message. I know, I could decide to do that, just not in a position to at the moment. From time, to space, etc.

Last edited:

wildroamer

Winning!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Of course reading the following in the item description leaves me maybe a smidge uncertain...

• Keep your lawn beautiful and manicured with a 18-inch chainsaw

:roto2gay:

wildroamer

Winning!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Neighbor across the street just got one a couple of weeks ago, I did a muffler mod, a retune, and I sharped the chain ....... the thing is a pretty strong running saw. He runs Echo synthetic @ 32:1 (my recommendation) and I heard from my kids that he has been running it every weekend since !

Thanks for the vote of confidence! As for the 32:1, I am going to start using 40:1 non-e 91, I think. Have even wondered about adding a splash of oil to the Husqvarna canned 50:1 that I am keeping in longer-term stored saw.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
For me a good beater is one that I can get parts cheap and easy. You know it's coming back blowed up a few times and yer gonna rebuild it for the next moron BIL to destroy .
026 would be a great choice. As would a MS 250/025 as well. I know the Stihl lines well so that's where I loan out.
I like the Dolmar 42x series as well. German built pro style a affordable.

Reactions: DSS
N

NewToStihl

Obviously this is only an option if you work on a bunch of saws, but I built a junkyard dog 044 from boxes of crappy parts I'd collected building/repairing nicer ones. I wanted a saw that I would feel comfortable loaning out as well as something that would be a go-to for crappy jobs like stumping or cutting railroad ties. It's comically built from half-ass repaired parts, electrical tape, JB weld, and many other odds & ends that don't belong on saws. I have less than $200 in the saw and it even wears a carbide chain. The perfect loaner.

Outside of this option I would suggest buying an electric chainsaw as a loaner. Nobody will ever straight gas it and you won't shed a tear if it doesn't come home!

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
my beaters a stihl 028. it's currently lent out. i lend it to my buddy when he needs to get firewood. he is the only one that borrows it though. i should really just give it to him but then i wouldn't have a saw to lend out if anyone else asks.

Shouldn't you go suck brads nuts shane?

wildroamer

Winning!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yikes, I did not see that coming. am I right in assuming that's not a saw brand you are recommending, genius?

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yikes, I did not see that coming. am I right in assuming that's not a saw brand you are recommending, genius?

Fatass90 is only a little kid, thinks he's a big shot porting saws for loggers since he was in diapers in 96.

Nope, anything fat ass says can't be believed

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
hard to beat a husky 51/55 for this application. parts are cheap, parts saws are everywhere, cant get any easier to work on, durable, decent power-to-weight....