Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
2:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can't say i've ever looked for one or had interest in it[emoji52]
I hunted them a handful of times as a kid in the 70's with my older brothers. And never purposely hunted them again until the early 90's. Make a long story short...rented and later bought a home on some property of one of the biggest farmers in central-Ga and he gave me full access to all his farming land to hunt/fish, etc. One of my brothers came to the house back in those days one wknd to give me a hand building a shed roof off an existing small shop in the back yard. He asked if I had gone out looking for any flint or arrowheads, told him no. He set sail early thirty that Sun at sunup and went hunting in the fields off the side and back yard. These were huge fields surrounding the house but he went straight to the high ground areas that has a big spring fed pond in btwn them. I took a tripod mounted spotting scope to the backyard and was checking him out from literally two/three thousand yards away. He was constantly prodding the ground with a cut broom handle we put a 20-penny nail in and ground the head off to a point, bending over picking stuff up. He eventually came back to the house with what looked like softballs stuck in his front/rear pockets. And he had a Crowl Royal 1/5 bag tied off to a belt loop that was slam full. I had the next two days off that wknd from work...spent both days from sunup to sundown in the fields. We drove my truck to the spring fed pond both days, took a Weber grill, charcoal, groceries to cook, couple cases of iced down cold beer, and found a hoard of points on those hills. Brother that Sunday when he came back to the house with all these points said one thing to me in the backyard before he showed me the score he found..."that hill over there is the Motherlode...that hill over there on the far side of the pond is the Otherlode."

Been hooked ever since on these things. What I like most is the peace, serenity, no vehicle noise, no nothing...and looking at God only knows how many wall hanging bucks on the edges of the fields at a distance...and probably most important, ain't gotta hear no damn mouths. I'm sure some of you fellers can relate to that.

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hunted them a handful of times as a kid in the 70's with my older brothers. And never purposely hunted them again until the early 90's. Make a long story short...rented and later bought a home on some property of one of the biggest farmers in central-Ga and he gave me full access to all his farming land to hunt/fish, etc. One of my brothers came to the house back in those days one wknd to give me a hand building a shed roof off an existing small shop in the back yard. He asked if I had gone out looking for any flint or arrowheads, told him no. He set sail early thirty that Sun at sunup and went hunting in the fields off the side and back yard. These were huge fields surrounding the house but he went straight to the high ground areas that has a big spring fed pond in btwn them. I took a tripod mounted spotting scope to the backyard and was checking him out from literally two/three thousand yards away. He was constantly prodding the ground with a cut broom handle we put a 20-penny nail in and ground the head off to a point, bending over picking stuff up. He eventually came back to the house with what looked like softballs stuck in his front/rear pockets. And he had a Crowl Royal 1/5 bag tied off to a belt loop that was slam full. I had the next two days off that wknd from work...spent both days from sunup to sundown in the fields. We drove my truck to the spring fed pond both days, took a Weber grill, charcoal, groceries to cook, couple cases of iced down cold beer, and found a hoard of points on those hills. Brother that Sunday when he came back to the house with all these points said one thing to me in the backyard before he showed me the score he found..."that hill over there is the Motherlode...that hill over there on the far side of the pond is the Otherlode."

Been hooked ever since on these things. What I like most is the peace, serenity, no vehicle noise, no nothing...and looking at God only knows how many wall hanging bucks on the edges of the fields at a distance...and probably most important, ain't gotta hear no damn mouths. I'm sure some of you fellers can relate to that.

Outstanding!!

So when can I come???

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Outstanding!!

So when can I come???
You let me know your schedule...whenever you wanna come my friend. If you can stretch a wknd, I'll be more than happy to take off a day or two before and after a wknd. We'll hunt fields for the points, we'll throw in hooking up the bass boat and go beat the dog chit outta the bream, crappie, and if ya wanna, we'll spend a day or two busting wild hogs asses...open season, all yr long....
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
...and the deer here are just as good. Ga residents can shoot 12 a season. Talk about filling your freezers.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn't find step dad did when he was about eight ? In Ohio View attachment 28556
Awesome...very nice.!! Good symmetrical hafting on it, nice tip/point curvature. I'd have that bad boy in a deep case, about 12" X 12" all by itself with a green/red felt cushioned background behind the glass. Again, very nice!!

Stihlsmoking

City Hillbilly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Awesome...very nice.!! Good symmetrical hafting on it, nice tip/point curvature. I'd have that bad boy in a deep case, about 12" X 12" all by itself with a green/red felt cushioned background behind the glass. Again, very nice!!

Thanks, my wife got into metal detecting so it's in a little curio cabinet with her other finds. I finally got it from step dad. I don't like detecting not my kind of hunting but I tried once and found a 1893 penny ? She finds a lot of interesting things.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dammit now I wanna go hog huntin.
We blister their asses all yr long around here. Sitting in tower stands on the edge of fields, we just smoke the little shoats that are about 50-80 lbs in size...perfect for getting the guts outta them, lopping that tater, put their asses in the bigger grills, smoke'em low and slow. Best damn homegrown BBQ you ever ate.

The hogs just wreak hell on the farmers here in mid-Ga, as well as many other places and states. We simply conquer our culling need around here. The SOB's breed like rabbits, so there's plenty of good sweet meat to blow a .243 or .270 slam through that cranium. They scatter after the first shot, have zero clue where the shot come from, some will scatter straight at ya, making the next tater shot that much easier...but they congregate right back in the fields again after about 30 mins. It's a sniper fest...luv it. And these hogs ain't getting none of that jacking up/steroid chit. Good eatin'....

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dammit now I wanna go hog huntin.
And if ya want something mountable, plenty to choose from. I quit screwing around with those big boars and sows yrs ago...they eat a helluva tougher than the little ones. I like grill size, small hogs. No sense in making the haul no more than what it is. Again, the wall hangers are here if that's whatcha want. Shooting these SOB's is damn near, at the right places...like shooting fish in a barrel.

Stihlsmoking

City Hillbilly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And if ya want something mountable, plenty to choose from. I quit screwing around with those big boars and sows yrs ago...they eat a helluva tougher than the little ones. I like grill size, small hogs. No sense in making the haul no more than what it is. Again, the wall hangers are here if that's whatcha want. Shooting these SOB's is damn near, at the right places...like shooting fish in a barrel.

Hell I wanna do it all bow hunt em, rifle, see how far away I can drop one from, but seen a video of guys hunting/shooting them from a helicopter with AR-15 and tracers just looked like an exspensively good time ? Big, small whatever grind em up ? Never had wild hog. We get ours from a farmer that raises em and grows the grain to feed, good eatin. image.jpeg

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Piggies! Used to raise the hell outta hogs. I hated those beasts. Used to have "hog killings". All the old folk would show up. I can't find sausage or scrapple as good as we used to make. Probably just because that's what I grew up on... Did it for old time sake several year ago killed seven we'd raised up Scrapple didn't turn out as good as it used to but all the old folk. Well they're real old now. What's left of em. You fellas eat scrapple?

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is just some of the stuff that mainly my dad has found. Literally this is been sitting in my basement for years I dumped it out to take some pictures.

My dad has found 5 gallon buckets full of stuff just like this.

He has all the good stuff at his house I'll get some pictures when I think of it.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hell I wanna do it all bow hunt em, rifle, see how far away I can drop one from, but seen a video of guys hunting/shooting them from a helicopter with AR-15 and tracers just looked like an
Some people never heard of scrapple. It freaks them out but I grew up with it and love it in the winter.
Just like the ol' saying...only thing ya can't eat on a hog is the squeal.