USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
8:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's a handful of cases that I've mounted points in over the years of hunting them. I've probably got another dozen cases worth of points that are worthy enough to display. And several 5-gal buckets of 'what would've been'...points snapped in half, either find the tips, bases, lots of points that have a snapped wing on them. Tractors in the fields are unforgiving on these points...but without the tractors bringing them to the surface, especially bottom plowing, we'd find nothing.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Found these several months ago in one of the main fields we hunt. Some will get culled, but most are display material...
image.jpeg

Guido Salvage

Supreme saw hoeder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My best friend lived in this house for 40 years.

image.jpeg

It has been vacant since he sold the farm in 2000, it is an original land grant plantation dating from 1742. One day I was walking through the yard and found a nice point under the tree you can see in the far right of the picture. I often wondered how the house could have been inhabited for 250 years and it had not been found before then.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

View attachment 28347

It has been vacant since he sold the farm in 2000, it is an original land grant plantation dating from 1742. One day I was walking through the yard and found a nice point under the tree you can see in the far right of the picture. I often wondered how the house could have been inhabited for 250 years and it had not been found before then.
What a house!

Guido Salvage

Supreme saw hoeder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would restore that place.

Randy, it is sad to see. My maternal grandfather was a professional and personal acquaintance of the son of the owner prior to my friend.His parents bought it from his mother's father in 1897 (and added the front portion in the picture the same year), his mother lived there until her death in 1960 at 103. My best friend's father then bought it and cut enough timber off it to pay for it.

It was sold in 2000 to a group that developed a golf course (there were still remnants of a 9 hole course in a couple of back fields). Their plan was to utilize the house as part of a resort and conference center. They went bankrupt and the house has since fallen into disrepair.

Last edited:

Guido Salvage

Supreme saw hoeder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What a house!

It is 8500 square feet and has 12' ceilings on the 2 main floors. The interior and exterior walls are solid brick and 15" thick. It has a basement and you could play basketball in the attic where the peak is probably 25' high. There are 15" -18" boards under the roof slate.

On the down side he would burn a 1000 gallons of oil a month heating it. My room was on the second floor under the turret (front right).

Last edited:

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 28347

It's amazing how they just show up on the surface one day. Right time, right place is all it is. We've found many points in areas that have zero farming going on. Just how it is. These points are thousands of yrs old.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is 8500 square feet and has 12' ceilings on the 2 main floors. The interior and exterior walls are solid brick and 15" thick. It has a basement and you could play basketball in the attic where the peak is probably 25' high. There are 15" -18" boards under the roof slate.

On the down side he would burn a 1000 gallons of oil a month heating it. My room was on the second floor under the turret (front right).
I was gonna say, I'd sure hate to be on the receiving end of the monthly heating/cooling bills. Just make ya wanna go out and dig the mailbox up.

Roadfxr

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
7:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Absolutely stunning place. Sad to see it waste away. Agree with everyone else would love to restore it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am the world's worst finder but I have stumbled on one or two. Some guys are really good. A lot of people find them riding the transplanter putting out sets or while cultivating with mid mounts.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am the world's worst finder but I have stumbled on one or two. Some guys are really good. A lot of people find them riding the transplanter putting out sets or while cultivating with mid mounts.
Post up whatcha got...

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The place we shoot at in West Texas has them all over supposedly. The owner of the ranch has quite a collection that he has found on the property. They find a lot of chip pings from the arrowheads.

Old timers used to find a lot of them in the creek on our property. I've yet to find one though. There are trails through the woods behind us that we frequently take gator rides on. I've been told that the mound/hill to the east of us was a old burial ground. A few guys said that they used to bury the Indians standing up hence the big mound.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The place we shoot at in West Texas has them all over supposedly. The owner of the ranch has quite a collection that he has found on the property. They find a lot of chip pings from the arrowheads.

Old timers used to find a lot of them in the creek on our property. I've yet to find one though. There are trails through the woods behind us that we frequently take gator rides on. I've been told that the mound/hill to the east of us was a old burial ground. A few guys said that they used to bury the Indians standing up hence the big mound.
I would leave well enough alone in that situation...like you I'm sure, I would never intentionally dig and desecrate a burial site, if that's what it is. All my points have come from fields being plowed and planted. The tractors do wonders, but they sure make a mess out of a helluva lot of them. Ya kinda get what ya get...sometimes whole points, sometimes pieces. But that's the way it goes. We have two 'major' fields that we rightfully termed 'the Motherlode' and 'the Otherlode.' One of my brothers picked those names for the fields and they've stuck ever since. You can hunt the same grounds in these fields, after a rain, and grid it off so to speak, and go back to the same stomping grounds, and get them again. All it takes is a 1/16" of an inch of dirt to cover one, and ya walk right past it. You have to turn every little exposed, half buried piece of flint...never know what ya got. We take old broom/mop handles, cut them to about 36" long, give them a little pilot hole, drive a 20 penny nail into them, then grind the head to a point. Best prodders, stickers you ever seen.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got a tomahawk. Found it cutting beans. It's big. Basically perfect I'll try to get a picture when I think of it it's at my old mans house in the safe

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got a tomahawk. Found it cutting beans. It's big. Basically perfect I'll try to get a picture when I think of it it's at my old mans house in the safe
We had on of those when I was a kid. About the size if the palm of your hand with a handle mount worked into it. Reddish flint. Went up in a house fire.