High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Can someone please help me identify the model of chainsaw that I have been given.?

Cobra112008

New OPE Member
Local time
2:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning to everyone. My father in law passed down 2 chainsaws to my wife and I recently. One is a 90’s STIHL 025 that seems to be in wonderful condition as it cranks right up every time and seems to run flawlessly. The other is a STIHL chainsaw that seems to possibly be from the same era and looks to be in overall decent shape from what I can tell so far. The carburetor needs cleaning and that’s what I’m doing today. I’m hoping after that is accomplished this one will fire right up just like the other. My question to you guys is… what kind of Chainsaw is it? I will include several pictures to help with identification of it. The serial number is 222243263. As far as parts numbers go…most of the parts numbers begin with 1121. It has a 16” bar and chain on it. However it’s missing the air filter, the air filter cover, and the cover that goes over the top of the motor that normally would display the tag with the model #. There are no other identifying stickers on it from what I can tell. I’ve reached out to STIHL customer service but unfortunately the response I was given was that they do not keep records of chainsaws this old. So my next try is reaching out to the experts on this forum to see what information I can gather. I appreciate anyone and everyone who can help me figure out exactly what Chainsaw model I have. Once I figure it out I’m hoping that someone on here can either sell me the correct parts that I need to complete the saw or point me in the right direction as to where I can find them. I would like to purchase original parts and not Amazon aftermarket parts. Thank you in advance for your time and replies. -Steve.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 142
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 123
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 127

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I do believe it's a 024 AV going by the jug.

The jugs were not the same design between the 026 and 024 AV. Hence the cylinder cover were different. The 026 has a taller cover to match the taller jug.

Paul Fithian

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For sure an 024. Great candidate for a shaved/ported 44mm (if 024 AV), or 44.7mm (if 024 AVS) cylinder upgrades. I have one of each.

Either way a reliable, light, and powerful chainsaw. As good as it gets in this cc class. Every part is available to restore back to better than new condition.

Check these threads:

Last edited:

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Likely it could be an 024 that some guy tried to upgrade to an 026 and gave up. Here's an 024 that I upgraded to an 026:

1678833950764.jpeg

It needed a different shroud, carb cover, and a few other parts. I capped the hole in the shroud for the decomp. It ran so well that I bought a used 026 PRO when I found one available. I still own it.

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
11:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It appears to have been manufactured in Virginia Beach 1989(+- 1 year)

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
024 Super. Muffler newer style.

Could be a franken saw. Never saw a USA super, nor a side adjust. But anything possible.

Whats the SN?

Edit, I see SN is a USA saw. The German 024S have pan head screws resting the top handle, not torx.

I bet 026 with an 024S jug. The gas tank looks 024. The oil and gas caps don’t match.

Last edited:

dmb2613

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
some did and side adjustment too a super jug the serial # is not coming up in Stihl eservice The Super had a side adjuster however the tank vent does not match up with that later SN It should have 2 bar studs , one stud stopped at SN 020479847
Put together saw is my vote

Paul Fithian

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My 024 AVS 115000914 was built 10/1985 in West Germany with one bar stud and front adjuster. I used it that way for over 30 years. I added a second bar stud when I recently upgraded it to a 44.7mm cylinder.

My 024 AV 115607671 built 05/1986 in West Germany has a front adjuster, but it is different than the one above made 7 months prior. It has 2 bar studs/nuts, but I don’t know if it was built that way or if it was added later by a previous owner.

Both have slotted panhead screws holding the hand bar to the nylon molded tank/rear handle assembly

Last edited:

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lets see the bottom of the saw.

All 024 and very early 026 have no slot for the adjustable oiler provision. Almost all 026/260 do have the slot.

Most 024 have one bar nut, but the addition of a second is so simple that it’s unreliable for ID purposes.

Most 024 are front adjust. Unlike the 034, it doesn’t matter if it’s a super or not.

The flywheel looks 024, not 026. You can tell from the fins.

The 024 used pan head screws on the upper handle and the front chain catch to AV buffer cover, not torx.

Take a look at the oiler. If it’s plastic and round, it’s an 026. If it’s Metal it’s 024 or 026 early. This applies to the fixed oiler.

The tank is a dead giveaway. The opaque white tank that says “mix” on it is 024. The metal tab in the tank over the carb box is 024. The tank vent can be either. The fuel fill cap is early Stihl and 024. The oil fill cap is newer style.

That may be an AM coil. The 024 usually have “STIHL” cast into the plug boot. The early coils have no heat shield on the wire. I’ve never seen a black heat shield.

Open the muffler can. The 024 has a baffle in the rear can. The early one’s even had a different muffler front.

My bet is Franken saw. 024 Super jug I’m 100% on.

Last edited:

NateSaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good morning to everyone. My father in law passed down 2 chainsaws to my wife and I recently. One is a 90’s STIHL 025 that seems to be in wonderful condition as it cranks right up every time and seems to run flawlessly. The other is a STIHL chainsaw that seems to possibly be from the same era and looks to be in overall decent shape from what I can tell so far. The carburetor needs cleaning and that’s what I’m doing today. I’m hoping after that is accomplished this one will fire right up just like the other. My question to you guys is… what kind of Chainsaw is it? I will include several pictures to help with identification of it. The serial number is 222243263. As far as parts numbers go…most of the parts numbers begin with 1121. It has a 16” bar and chain on it. However it’s missing the air filter, the air filter cover, and the cover that goes over the top of the motor that normally would display the tag with the model #. There are no other identifying stickers on it from what I can tell. I’ve reached out to STIHL customer service but unfortunately the response I was given was that they do not keep records of chainsaws this old. So my next try is reaching out to the experts on this forum to see what information I can gather. I appreciate anyone and everyone who can help me figure out exactly what Chainsaw model I have. Once I figure it out I’m hoping that someone on here can either sell me the correct parts that I need to complete the saw or point me in the right direction as to where I can find them. I would like to purchase original parts and not Amazon aftermarket parts. Thank you in advance for your time and replies. -Steve.
Screenshot_20230216-203423_Chrome.jpg

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here’s a Super, which is why I asked. Maybe the 024 was different. Or maybe they changed it mid-run

View attachment 369270
Very interesting, yours (the one in the picture) has the chain tensioner on the side. The ones I have seen with two studs have the front chain tensioner.