4:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Duke Thieroff
Any feedback on the 372xt kits?
I've never seen one
Just the one's you have on your site.

It really depends on the manufacturer....

The ones I sell are of Chinese origin and the ones I have the most experience with. I can't much comment on the Hyway or Meteor brand ones as I don't really stock them right now. I haven't sold TONS of them but I haven't had any complaints or comebacks on either the Nikasil or Chrome plated jugs.

There's some pretty nice ones out there. The cheaper kits suffer from all the same things cheaper kits suffer from and that has all been well documented all over. I believe the ones I currently have are pretty solid middle of the road kits.

You could definitely throw them on and run them as is but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to clean some stuff up on them.

I'm far from a meticulous guy when it comes working on my own equipment and generally follow a fast and loose rule so I'd chuck em on as is a run 'em

If you got any interest in checking one out I'd be glad to send it down to you.

Thanks for asking man!

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It really depends on the manufacturer....

The ones I sell are of Chinese origin and the ones I have the most experience with. I can't much comment on the Hyway or Meteor brand ones as I don't really stock them right now. I haven't sold TONS of them but I haven't had any complaints or comebacks on either the Nikasil or Chrome plated jugs.

There's some pretty nice ones out there. The cheaper kits suffer from all the same things cheaper kits suffer from and that has all been well documented all over. I believe the ones I currently have are pretty solid middle of the road kits.

You could definitely throw them on and run them as is but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to clean some stuff up on them.

I'm far from a meticulous guy when it comes working on my own equipment and generally follow a fast and loose rule so I'd chuck em on as is a run 'em

If you got any interest in checking one out I'd be glad to send it down to you.

Thanks for asking man!
Good to know
I've used 40+ am cylinder kits over the year's and dozens of pistons
meteor and farmertec mainly some white box ebay specials.
Tecomec used to be the best price vs quality
They've stopped production I'm told.
Mako made some decent kits but i haven't seen much of them lately.
Had some port edges to clean up here and there
Nothing bad
Had one 372 farmertec with no exhaust bolt holes i drilled and tapped it.

Put them in a variety of saws over the year's.
These new hyway 372oe bb popup kits
Are great runner's i was suprised.
170s comp out of the box
Good fit and finish.
I have a xt that needs rebuilt
i could try one of yours
If you want to send one
Thanks

Duke Thieroff

Fill your hands you SOB!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good to know
I've used 40+ am cylinder kits over the year's and dozens of pistons
meteor and farmertec mainly some white box ebay specials.
Tecomec used to be the best price vs quality
They've stopped production I'm told.
Mako made some decent kits but i haven't seen much of them lately.
Had some port edges to clean up here and there
Nothing bad
Had one 372 farmertec with no exhaust bolt holes i drilled and tapped it.

Put them in a variety of saws over the year's.
These new hyway 372oe bb popup kits
Are great runner's i was suprised.
170s comp out of the box
Good fit and finish.
I have a xt that needs rebuilt
i could try one of yours
If you want to send one
Thanks

Mako lost distributorship in the US when Tilton went out and don't really have any distributor in the states now. They do some OEM branding for some guys out there and you can still order Mako stuff but since there's no distributor you're mainly purchasing large qty order directly from China.

All aftermarket stuff can generally be a crapshoot, even with the best factories. I had a guy email me this week that his MS290 I sent to him hadn't been tapped on the cylinder pan bolt holes. Ouch, that's a little embarrassing. Had to check my remaining stock. Frankly these are parts that retail for up to 1/10th the price or less of OEM and I believe it's pretty rational to expect a less than OEM experience with some of the stuff sometimes. I think it all depends on who you buy from and what the merchant is willing to do to back up the stuff they sell. If we have problems with stuff we dump it, ain't worth selling total junk. We work with some good companies though....

I've had some Farmertec cylinders on the shelf here in the past I'm not totally crazy about all of them. I think they source from a number of different places because you can see differences from one batch to the next. That's just a guess from me though. It's decent, serviceable and priced inexpensively. I've had some pretty bad looking jugs come in....

"I checked with technicist he said ok to run"

Yeah, that ain't gonna work for me.

Nowadays there's some REALLY nice stuff coming out of China as well. Stuff I would put up against basically any Taiwan cylinder. They really have improved a lot over the past few years. Ignition coils and carbs are great too, if you get them from the right places. A lot of the OEMs are over there and they're making to OEM ones and the aftermarkets the same way. Carbs too.

The Hyway jugs really are a cut above most of the stuff on the market and the workmanship is pretty damned great. Really a great value.

I've got some more 372XT kits coming in this month. I'll look you up whenever the time comes.

Leafy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You also charge $6 more than farmertec for a muffler, except yours are already modded AND I wouldn't have to wait a month to get it... Lol I know where I'm buying 2nd mufflers from now on.

Duke Thieroff

Fill your hands you SOB!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You also charge $6 more than farmertec for a muffler, except yours are already modded AND I wouldn't have to wait a month to get it... Lol I know where I'm buying 2nd mufflers from now on.
Which muffler we talking?

Duke Thieroff

Fill your hands you SOB!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's pretty much our standby...
We ship every M-W-F religiously and are able to get stuff to most anyone in the country in 2-3 business days.

We also don't mess around too much when it comes to having trouble with your stuff. I'll get you squared away in a hurry.

Anyways I figured I'd give you guys some pics of some things...

Here's an example of a Farmertec 372 Jug...
Chrome plated, standard bore.
Oftentimes the pistons are the same no matter where you buy from in China. They all come out of the same factories. Most cylinder joints aren't making pistons too. They're just matching them up with their cylinders. Cylinder kit ain't too bad for a cheapie.

ft372-1.jpg ft372-2.jpg ft372-3.jpg ft372-4.jpg

Duke Thieroff

Fill your hands you SOB!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's an example of a 372 kit from a different manufacturer with Nikasil coating and some better workmanship overall.
These one's are pretty legit and a step up from the el cheapo kits. The Farmertec weighs about 4oz less too.
I'm sure you're all familiar with the company who makes these, you just might not know it.
ss372-1.jpg ss372-2.jpg ss372-3.jpg ss372-4.jpg

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mako lost distributorship in the US when Tilton went out and don't really have any distributor in the states now. They do some OEM branding for some guys out there and you can still order Mako stuff but since there's no distributor you're mainly purchasing large qty order directly from China.

All aftermarket stuff can generally be a crapshoot, even with the best factories. I had a guy email me this week that his MS290 I sent to him hadn't been tapped on the cylinder pan bolt holes. Ouch, that's a little embarrassing. Had to check my remaining stock. Frankly these are parts that retail for up to 1/10th the price or less of OEM and I believe it's pretty rational to expect a less than OEM experience with some of the stuff sometimes. I think it all depends on who you buy from and what the merchant is willing to do to back up the stuff they sell. If we have problems with stuff we dump it, ain't worth selling total junk. We work with some good companies though....

I've had some Farmertec cylinders on the shelf here in the past I'm not totally crazy about all of them. I think they source from a number of different places because you can see differences from one batch to the next. That's just a guess from me though. It's decent, serviceable and priced inexpensively. I've had some pretty bad looking jugs come in....

"I checked with technicist he said ok to run"

Yeah, that ain't gonna work for me.

Nowadays there's some REALLY nice stuff coming out of China as well. Stuff I would put up against basically any Taiwan cylinder. They really have improved a lot over the past few years. Ignition coils and carbs are great too, if you get them from the right places. A lot of the OEMs are over there and they're making to OEM ones and the aftermarkets the same way. Carbs too.

The Hyway jugs really are a cut above most of the stuff on the market and the workmanship is pretty damned great. Really a great value.

I've got some more 372XT kits coming in this month. I'll look you up whenever the time comes.
I'm building another 268 going to use a hyway 268 popup piston this time.
I've got 2 of the 268 popup 2 372bb popup and a 288 all are very well made
Came with cabers.
And don't have the excessive side to side wrist pin play like the farmertec/huztl pistons do.
Here's where your nos felling spikes are20190802_162137.jpggoing ported 266s here
and a couple ported 268s
Best midsize falling/blocking saws ever.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's an example of a 372 kit from a different manufacturer with Nikasil coating and some better workmanship overall.
These one's are pretty legit and a step up from the el cheapo kits. The Farmertec weighs about 4oz less too.
I'm sure you're all familiar with the company who makes these, you just might not know it.
View attachment 193745 View attachment 193746 View attachment 193747 View attachment 193748
Those ports look smaller than the oem 50mm OE 372 I was just in. But those look pretty clean for AM. The farmertec looks close to oem port size but rougher.