Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What about parts??????????

The 2000 pound elephant in the room with these Joncutter saws is what are you supposed to do for parts for these things? There are no parts on the Huztl site that I can find, and unlike the Husky and Stihl clone saws, there are no OEM parts that can be used. What do you do if you need simple parts like a recoil spring, choke lever, air filter, fuel line, etc.

Even if these are faithful copies of pre-strato Red Max saws, there is little to no parts left for them. None are being produced. Unless an existing Red Max distributor has old stock in inventory, there's nothing to be had.

Fair to say that with the clones, there are plenty of OEM and AM parts for guys to choose from. And how many guys who are into the clones haven't needed parts at some point? Either for replacement or to upgrade an existing part that wasn't up to snuff. It's one thing to not be able to get parts for older saws, but why should anyone have to deal with that on a new saw?
Return it to walmart they'll take anything back.

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But if FT decided carrying a parts inventory & adds that as they have the other saws, does that mean the older Redmax is now supported?

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm fishing this weekend....next week will look a little closer on both those saws. Maybe have time to get them in the "wood" a bit. My question will be around the cases on the XT...will they accept the OEM top end? That could be huge as I see the OEM XT's cases often with the bearing pockets beat out of them..the only solution is either new cases or for the same money go AM and build a AM cases/52mm Hyway top end wrapped with the plastic of the dead XT, and use XT carb & ignition too.

Leafy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For the John cutter just search eBay, Amazon, or aliexpress for 5200 or 5800 or 4500 chainsaw. Or 45cc, 52cc, or 58cc chainsaw. If it looks line it fits, it does.

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For the John cutter just search eBay, Amazon, or aliexpress for 5200 or 5800 or 4500 chainsaw. Or 45cc, 52cc, or 58cc chainsaw. If it looks line it fits, it does.
Parts?? You have a link?

Leafy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But if FT decided carrying a parts inventory & adds that as they have the other saws, does that mean the older Redmax is now supported?

In a technical sense yes, for the very few that are out there. You ever see one? :) Of course in a business context, there is simply not the field population in the US to make such an investment profitable. Those saws never sold in big numbers, not even in strong Red Max territories.

But obviously if someone is making these Joncutters, then someone is making the parts. IMO those parts should be made available to support the saws they are selling.

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have another sub who wrote he's a tree service and got one as a "joke" ( Like I did the g2500 ), and it performs better than expected....implication is they still use it. Interesting...curious to see how this develops. Should probably start a g5800 thread somewhere and not kill this FT 372 thread...but where?

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have another sub who wrote he's a tree service and got one as a "joke" ( Like I did the g2500 ), and it performs better than expected....implication is they still use it. Interesting...curious to see how this develops. Should probably start a g5800 thread somewhere and not kill this FT 372 thread...but where?

Just start a Joncutter thread that covers all models. Everyone can share info/experiences just like in this thread.

Leafy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just start a Joncutter thread that covers all models. Everyone can share info/experiences just like in this thread.

We already have one in the earthquake thread. That was the first big name they were under. Mine is an x-bull.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How about a zenoah clone thread?

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
yup...who's going start it??

K I did...with the video too, that has a dead 390 with a blown base gasket :)

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is there a chance that you could get a long term update in the future on the kingpark saw you sold?
Talked to joe today he still uses that kingpark
All the time
Two year's no problems
His only saw.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What about parts??????????

The 2000 pound elephant in the room with these Joncutter saws is what are you supposed to do for parts for these things? There are no parts on the Huztl site that I can find, and unlike the Husky and Stihl clone saws, there are no OEM parts that can be used. What do you do if you need simple parts like a recoil spring, choke lever, air filter, fuel line, etc.

Even if these are faithful copies of pre-strato Red Max saws, there is little to no parts left for them. None are being produced. Unless an existing Red Max distributor has old stock in inventory, there's nothing to be had.

Fair to say that with the clones, there are plenty of OEM and AM parts for guys to choose from. And how many guys who are into the clones haven't needed parts at some point? Either for replacement or to upgrade an existing part that wasn't up to snuff. It's one thing to not be able to get parts for older saws, but why should anyone have to deal with that on a new saw?
I've only had the one zenoah clone 58cc
Don't know much about them
But the parts seem to be
A generic chassis with many variations of plastics.
Aliexpress has a lot of parts
https://m.aliexpress.com/wholesale/...platform=msite&m_page_id=undefined&gclid=null
The latest craftsman and Remington saws appear to have the same guts.
Can't say for sure if everything iis interchangeable
Of course different plastics and air filter designs.
When i emailed a seller about a 62cc cylinder kit he said it wouldn't fit a 52/58cc chassis.
Mine was 79.00 shipped
And is still running.
Ran decent
Only had 120 comp without base gasket 150 comp
Had the stupid easy start is why it left here.

Last edited:

nenicu

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'v had the 62cc version. Is 48bore x34 stroke. The cylinder extension is a lil bigger than all the others cylinders. So the case is wider. The crank fits all the other cases( 45cc .52cc.58cc= the same). My favorite combo: 34 stroke crank and dual open transfer cylinder.

nenicu

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have the crank , cylinder and piston. Just need a crankcase to start the build.