dirter

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How hard is it to buy stuff off that site?
Alibaba is actually pretty easy. Shipping is usually the great unknown. Every time I've bought something the supplier contacted me to offer shipping options then they send me a paypal invoice. Once I pay, they ship. It's not like ebay or amazon where there's no interaction with the seller. It's more of an introduction service. I've gotten quite a few things and it has always been easy and flawless.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How hard is it to buy stuff off that site?
It is a sonofabitch to buy anything from alibaba
I tried to buy a couple of those
262s or whatever
I can show you the ridiculous text chain i had with them
I made a itemized list
1.i want 2 samples of the newtop 262 in red and black colors.
2.how much to my zipcode
3.how much is shipping by sea

Seems simple enough but oh no
I get dozens of texts with smiley face emojis and incoherent messages
So i gave up
It's the language barrier i know they like any company want to move product
But it seems they don't have the infrastructure to sell to the us market.

Now you can easily buy from AliExpress it is geared for us buyer's but
The prices are way too high on some things.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is a sonofabitch to buy anything from alibaba
I tried to buy a couple of those
262s or whatever
I can show you the ridiculous text chain i had with them
I made a itemized list
1.i want 2 samples of the newtop 262 in red and black colors.
2.how much to my zipcode
3.how much is shipping by sea

Seems simple enough but oh no
I get dozens of texts with smiley face emojis and incoherent messages
So i gave up
It's the language barrier i know they like any company want to move product
But it seems they don't have the infrastructure to sell to the us market.

Now you can easily buy from AliExpress it is geared for us buyer's but
The prices are way too high on some things.
I wonder if I had a friend who spoke mandarin, if it would be easier?

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gotta be careful on alibaba fellas and read the fine print. If you type in 372 chainsaw, you will get a comical amount of saws in different colors with creative brand names. Found one in a more vibrant green that was very close to the 1970 Plymouth Sub-Lime on an old roadrunner I once had. Figured I'd order one. It wasn't until after I hit "place order" that I noticed they had a 300 piece minimum!

This is really all Dave's fault for starting all this crap. Worse part is that just this past week, we sold our old fork truck from the store. I can't unload 300 freaking saws by hand! I'll hang on to a couple, but what am I gonna do with 300 of these things? Tough to explain something like this. "What do you mean? Aw come on, it's not really all that many. Besides it was a deal I couldn't pass up."

Only thing I can think of is to throw a party and share them with all you guys. You can take as many as you can carry. Just don't anybody post any more effing links, OK?

Shane¹

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gotta be careful on alibaba fellas and read the fine print. If you type in 372 chainsaw, you will get a comical amount of saws in different colors with creative brand names. Found one in a more vibrant green that was very close to the 1970 Plymouth Sub-Lime on an old roadrunner I once had. Figured I'd order one. It wasn't until after I hit "place order" that I noticed they had a 300 piece minimum!

This is really all Dave's fault for starting all this crap. Worse part is that just this past week, we sold our old fork truck from the store. I can't unload 300 freaking saws by hand! I'll hang on to a couple, but what am I gonna do with 300 of these things? Tough to explain something like this. "What do you mean? Aw come on, it's not really all that many. Besides it was a deal I couldn't pass up."

Only thing I can think of is to throw a party and share them with all you guys. You can take as many as you can carry. Just don't anybody post any more effing links, OK?
A new saw day for a year coming right up lol

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

You can buy all of your necessities on Alibaba or AliExpress
1711295167511.png
This has free shipping it's only 3750.00 shipped
Who doesn't need one of these.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Seriously, couldn't you cancel the order?

Hulpio

DIY addict
GoldMember
Local time
2:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Farmertec 46mm jug on Hva 51. Tuned somewhere 12500-13000. I was pushing it down to birch 15" fully buried in splitting. Was doing 9000 so can't complain. G5800 on the other hand does have airleak. Maybe it really is leaking from that cyl mating surface on flywheel side which I already suspected. Squish was 1.6 with base gasket and around 1 without. Just wondering if any of my friends has a lathe with 4 jaw chuck.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Neotec 372 is back together. I ended up using a Farmertec cylinder that I had already cut the band and base and a Farmertec 268 closed sided piston with a Carber ring and OEM clips. The carb turned out to be crap so I put an AM one on that I had, it's got problems with the low but it's good enough to get it started. I'll wait until I get a good carb before I try and tune it and see how it cuts.

I built 5 saws with 268 and 272 open windowed pistons
Not the strongest running saws i have but by far the easiest starting
They are like pulling on a 40/50cc saw and run fine
Compression in the 170s
It must be the mass of the lighter weight pistons.
I wonder who makes closed port 266/268 pistons anymore
I'll build another one.

Hulpio

DIY addict
GoldMember
Local time
2:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Something funny here at least once.
I installed that 56mm to my 51. Then to give chinesium a chance I sprayed some oil to the cylinder and only then tested compression. With furious pulling the rope I was able to get 120psi number.
I thought, ok it is a turd but not a very expensive one.
Later in the evening something crossed my mind. That cylinder is supposed to have decompression valve in it. Not just open hole. Maybe it is not a turd or perhaps I'm just a very talented rope puller.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got my Duke's 066 pistons cut down for the 288s back IMG_20240324_135740.jpgIMG_20240324_135922~2.jpg
They feel much lighter in hand i need to weigh them
The skirts are much thinner.
IMG_20240324_140100.jpgIMG_20240324_140113.jpg
Overall the 066 piston is several thousands shorter
And i need to clean the windows out from the casting process.
IMG_20240324_135746.jpg
I like those duke's pistons I've used over a dozen no issues.