Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
10:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
20201020_153708.jpg

So these numbers are "close" not ready to call it calibrated yet.

But all run right after each other shows pretty good.

Top 2 lines are the same saw. A mild 50mm echo hybrid.

Then a ported 620pw

Last is a bone stock echo 620p

Waiting on tech support to help dial in the calibration

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
20201020_181229.jpg
This ^^^ is a cfb hybrid 044 vs the stock 660 I have. The 660 showed pretty much the same 7.1hp as it did on the other setup.

20201020_172204.jpg

And here ^^^ we have the last dyno buster.... 3 runs back to back showing the same 9.9 ish hp as the last setup.

The runs are close but not exact. I'm pretty sure if i would have graphed every run from the old system it would have shown similar results.

Power is in the same range, this time I can do a few power runs and display them together to see the results. Just like above.

A lot more detail in these graphs, simply because I can graph every run almost instantly.

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
9:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This ^^^ is a cfb hybrid 044 vs the stock 660 I have. The 660 showed pretty much the same 7.1hp as it did on the other setup.

View attachment 263648

And here ^^^ we have the last dyno buster.... 3 runs back to back showing the same 9.9 ish hp as the last setup.

The runs are close but not exact. I'm pretty sure if i would have graphed every run from the old system it would have shown similar results.

Power is in the same range, this time I can do a few power runs and display them together to see the results. Just like above.

A lot more detail in these graphs, simply because I can graph every run almost instantly.[/QUOTE]

Somebody give Joe a gold star please.

Steven

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 263648

A lot more detail in these graphs, simply because I can graph every run almost instantly.

Give him yours for fuggin up the quotes?

deye223

AIR FUEL SPARK VROOOOOM
Local time
12:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 263647

View attachment 263648

Black screen is way bettera

Last edited:

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
About 8,500 it gets all variable, ‘n stuff :rolleyes:. That the new norm?

20201021_124215.jpg

That "variable" is what .04 ftlb looks like

The new system, and graphs allow me to do as above and lay the graphs on top of each other. Gives a very good look at the power.

The old system had a ton if filtering and averaging done to make nice smooth graphs. But not seeing the actual difference in the runs in such a fine detail.

Any thoughts on the 261 being less than advertised?

It is a 1st version 261c I believe those are rated a bit less than the v2.

That is in the same ballpark as the old system so I ran with it.

sixonetonoffun

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 263691

That "variable" is what .04 ftlb looks like

The new system, and graphs allow me to do as above and lay the graphs on top of each other. Gives a very good look at the power.

The old system had a ton if filtering and averaging done to make nice smooth graphs. But not seeing the actual difference in the runs in such a fine detail.

It is a 1st version 261c I believe those are rated a bit less than the v2.

That is in the same ballpark as the old system so I ran with it.

That makes sense. It just made go huh? for a minute.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The little echo is pushing the low end of what the system can measure. A fly lands on the torque arm and can blow the HP 5% at that little power!

Actually seeing the filtering. It is unreal how much was going on with the old system.

I think a few little wobbles in the graphs should be expected.

As no engine it truly that smooth/linear in power delivery.

I plan to do 2-3 graphs just like the 2511 to show a range for each saw tested on the new system.

Waiting on the last email from tech support to make sure my settings are 110% before claiming any of these hp numbers to be true. Should be close, but not 110% sure yet.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Actually seeing the filtering. It is unreal how much was going on with the old system.

I think a few little wobbles in the graphs should be expected.

As no engine it truly that smooth/linear in power delivery.

I plan to do 2-3 graphs just like the 2511 to show a range for each saw tested on the new system.

Waiting on the last email from tech support to make sure my settings are 110% before claiming any of these hp numbers to be true. Should be close, but not 110% sure yet.
Do you want me to send a couple of mine back down that you already tested to compare results?

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The little echo is pushing the low end of what the system can measure. A fly lands on the torque arm and can blow the HP 5% at that little power!
I think if there are any significant losses in the system, they really show on the 2511t. I'd think they could run around 2.0hp based on some comparisons Mitch did against a 2hp top handle: 201 or 355 I can't remember. Then again, I've never felt like a ported 2511t could out cut a 35cc top handle at least when it comes to torque in larger wood.