MarkEagleUSA

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At the risk of ruffling a few feathers...

My only complaint about any forum is that there can occasionally be a "mob mentality" where several band together to blast a single person or another clique. I've seen it at almost every forum I've ever been a member of (and I've moderated several as well). IMHO, there's never a good reason to completely deride anyone publicly. Unfortunately, the "mine is better than yours" or "mine is bigger than yours" mentality always takes over. Some people seem to live to belittle others, and sometimes that belittling is deserved.

At the end of the day, it's an internet forum. We're a bunch of pro's and hobbyists that share a common interest. Life's too short to worry about what the next guy is doing unless it directly affects me. Even then it depends on the situation and context. That's what's missing in the virtual world... it's hard sometimes to see someone's true intent in printed form. Even the use of smilies doesn't always convey ones true meaning.

I like a little diversion now and then but there are several cases of threads (in other forums) getting totally derailed and the original content gets watered down. That's a distraction, not an attraction to me. I've even found myself not posting questions or responses just to stay out of the line of fire.

Respect... that's what it all comes down to. We don't have to like each other but we sure should respect each other's opinions. And keep the personal digs and bashing at bay.

Ok... I know this is getting tl;dr so I'll just say I really like where this forum seems to be going. I hope it can stay that way and we can all get along.

For now I'll STFU and y'all can GFY! ;)