Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
8:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have to honestly say.........moderating this site is a simple task. Or, at least it was.

This was a test that I was not really prepared for.
Yet we are all enjoying our lemonade
Dont sweat it Randy .................. its a notch now, not an issue

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have to honestly say.........moderating this site is a simple task. Or, at least it was.

This was a test that I was not really prepared for.
Being the boss sux.

You're doing a great job bud.

This site is great and that thread didnt even approach the stuff on the old site.

idiotwithasaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The main problem I saw with the thread in general, I didn't see it when it got bad, was that it called out the builder by name when that builder isn't a member. If you were to have posted it and left names out that probably would have prevented some of the issues. If the thread hadn't been deleted I would have suggested going back and changing all instances of a name to builder. Just to keep it from seeming like we were either praising or beating up someone who isn't even a member here.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
We did.

It's a slippery slope if we start over it.

We need to be careful, and think it thru when we start threads.

Randy,
My opinion don't mean chit here but doesn't that just smack straight into the face of why we all left.?
Deleting a thread is like banning a gun because the user is a mental midget.
Let there be fights. Even if its just BLfighting and not real fights. I saw nothing personal in that thread.
There was a reason we left England to start our own Country. We need all the threads here we can muster together.
So what if a few fights spontaneously combust in the middle of a few.
Fighting is the 'Merican WAY !!!!

Oh and BTW....GFY.... :p

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy,
My opinion don't mean chit here but doesn't that just smack straight into the face of why we all left.?
Deleting a thread is like banning a gun because the user is a mental midget.
Let there be fights. Even if its just BLfighting and not real fights. I saw nothing personal in that thread.
There was a reason we left England to start our own Country. We need all the threads here we can muster together.
So what if a few fights spontaneously combust in the middle of a few.
Fighting is the 'Merican WAY !!!!

Oh and BTW....GFY.... :p

I'm sorta trying to do the bidding of the majority. From what I've seen (and heard), most of our members want a place that is as free of that sort of stuff as possible.

Can we keep it all at bay? Of course not. That thread was a tinder keg.......and many members messaged me asking WTF was happening to our site.

I think everyone here knows that Brad is not a friend of mine, but how could I in good conscience allow his work to be dissected while he is not allowed to offer any rebuttal?

At one time......Brad was a good friend to me. I recall some good conversations he and I have had over the years. His methods are far different than mine, but his work is not crap either. The only reason he is not here is to keep the incessant fighting away that follows him like a plague. Just look at the fighting that ensued from the posting of someone's thoughts on a saw they bought from him.

We are not AS........nor are we any other site. We are a new site that is trying to be different.

god-grant-me-the-serenity-to-accept-the-things-i-cannot-change-the-courage-to-change-the-things-i-can-and-the-wisdom-to-know-the-difference13.jpg

petedaycab

let's roll some coal...............
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The problem is, a simple disagreement doesn't stay, ...simple. I quickly festers, and gets away from the subject at hand. People call out butthurt and whatever else. It just puts a negative spin on everything, then a few others show up to put their .02 in, and a little gas here and there, then it is AS all over again. Healthy disagreements are great, but it rarely stays that way, opinions, and egos seem to get in the way quickly, it is just the way society is these days.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
1:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Honestly, we are doing fine.
Has not been posted anything on this forum who should hurt any feeling to whoever building saws.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
I give a hearty atta boy. Good site so far. As to the shenanigans, I think you did the right thing. Tearing a man's work down behind his back is low. Even if it was mr. BS. Entirely different situation than the thread deleting over at AS. It is a slippery slope but I think most would take the slope rather than a swan dive off the cliff into the abyss of anarchy.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I give a hearty atta boy. Good site so far. As to the shenanigans, I think you did the right thing. Tearing a man's work down behind his back is low. Even if it was mr. BS. Entirely different situation than the thread deleting over at AS. It is a slippery slope but I think most would take the slope rather than a swan dive off the cliff into the abyss of anarchy.

Thank you sir.

I've been taking my own inventory all morning......

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I thought the saw ran fine, comparing saws ported by two different people can't really be done fairly unless it's a build off and rules are set nor should anybody be talked about or bashed without them there to defend or explain themselves.

Great site,I love this place.

treesmith

Tree Hugger/Cutterer
Local time
11:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
That thread needed to go, I'm certainly not an angel but I found it a bit off, we don't need that here

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

dl5205

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm impressed with the rapid growth that has taken place here. I'm fairly certain that's mostly attributable to the work of a few. Good job, y'all.

I'm not a big fan of the Brand Specific Section, in general. That's one thing I never really liked about the ChainsawRepair site. I understand having stickies for the different kinds of old mag and for the 'fringe' brands. I hope the Main Chainsaw Page doesn't become too diluted. That's just me.

Overall y'all are doing a Great Job here. Thanks for all the work that's being put into the Site.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm impressed with the rapid growth that has taken place here. I'm fairly certain that's mostly attributable to the work of a few. Good job, y'all.

I'm not a big fan of the Brand Specific Section, in general. That's one thing I never really liked about the ChainsawRepair site. I understand having stickies for the different kinds of old mag and for the 'fringe' brands. I hope the Main Chainsaw Page doesn't become too diluted. That's just me.

Overall y'all are doing a Great Job here. Thanks for all the work that's being put into the Site.

You can start a thread in the general chainsaw forum on any saw you want to, but there are a few guys that will live only in one certain brand specific area......

idiotwithasaw

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You can start a thread in the general chainsaw forum on any saw you want to, but there are a few guys that will live only in one certain brand specific area......
That's kind of bad for the site though, a lot of good information and topics that a majority won't read. Maybe linking threads that are started in the brand specific threads in the general for all to see.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's just the way it is. I've been around these saws forums for a long time now. Some guys with find one or two threads, and never post anywhere else. Those guys need their style of thread here to make them feel at home. It will all work out. :)