All Things 288XP

JonCraig

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
$550-$650? Wowzers... had no idea they were that spendy...

I’ll show my wife. I’m always trying to convince her that my saws are her life insurance policy.

Which brings up a good point... I should probably write down about how much each is worth in case I die next week. She wouldn’t know the first thing about how much any of them are worth, and I couldn’t have her taking some lowball $250 for the whole mess of them or something...

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
8:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score

I’ll show my wife. I’m always trying to convince her that my saws are her life insurance policy.

Which brings up a good point... I should probably write down about how much each is worth in case I die next week. She wouldn’t know the first thing about how much any of them are worth, and I couldn’t have her taking some lowball $250 for the whole mess of them or something...
Some people buy cemetery plots.... my wife already paid for the dumpster....

Last edited:

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My dealer claims you cant. He's the one with the saw.
I think he may be assuming you can’t get one because it’s old. A lot of parts are still available for the 288 because the saw is still being produced and sold new in South America.

Last edited:

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I’m not a dealer so don’t take my appraisal as gospel.

Intoxsawcated

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sure would be nice if all parts in production were available.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

justoldsaws

From the land downunder
Local time
10:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
afik, those were oe on '88 288, too. '89 n later, plastic.

Great info, sadly I wont be getting that clutch cover, the seller wanted $100US to post it to Australia.
Keep looking I suppose, hope to find on over here.

Huntaholic

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
After falling into the abyss known as CAD and finding these message forums, it makes me wish I had kept all the old saws we have got through in the logging business! Ive been doing this fulltime since I was 18, (35 years now) its all my father AND my grandfather ever did too so needless to say, some of these saws you folks drool over we have had them, wore them out, and like idiots, hauled em off when they died and were replaced. I have forgot about most of them until I see a thread on here like this one and think "we had how many of those?"

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
5:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After falling into the abyss known as CAD and finding these message forums, it makes me wish I had kept all the old saws we have got through in the logging business! Ive been doing this fulltime since I was 18, (35 years now) its all my father AND my grandfather ever did too so needless to say, some of these saws you folks drool over we have had them, wore them out, and like idiots, hauled em off when they died and were replaced. I have forgot about most of them until I see a thread on here like this one and think "we had how many of those?"
Welcome to OPE. Hopefully you have a decent stash of saws to feed your cad lol.

Huntaholic

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Welcome to OPE. Hopefully you have a decent stash of saws to feed your cad lol.
:D I think Ive got 10 saws running willing and able to go to work anytime I need them. OOPS, make that 9, Ive got an ms461 that Im building back right now. Before I started lurking around these sites 3 or 4 saws was my total. NOW Ive got a brand spanking new 390xp sitting on the hearth in the living room that's never even had fuel put in it and Ive had it for months now! LOL Ive also got an almost new ms660 that I cut timber one day with just to see how it compared to a 390xp. I should probably clean it up good and spotless and drain the fuel and park it next to the 390.

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What part of Tennessee do you live in?

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
:D I think Ive got 10 saws running willing and able to go to work anytime I need them. OOPS, make that 9, Ive got an ms461 that Im building back right now. Before I started lurking around these sites 3 or 4 saws was my total. NOW Ive got a brand spanking new 390xp sitting on the hearth in the living room that's never even had fuel put in it and Ive had it for months now! LOL Ive also got an almost new ms660 that I cut timber one day with just to see how it compared to a 390xp. I should probably clean it up good and spotless and drain the fuel and park it next to the 390.
Welcome to OPE. You’ll fit right in here lol