High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

All Things 288XP

Frogfarmer

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
No spring on the front of my 288. The full wrap is made so it would not work with both. It's not an OEM full wrap but it's made stronger than any I've seen. Mine is fine with just the rubber AV supports. They do vibrate though.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
11:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No spring on the front of my 288. The full wrap is made so it would not work with both. It's not an OEM full wrap but it's made stronger than any I've seen. Mine is fine with just the rubber AV supports. They do vibrate though.
Thanks for sharing your experience:beer-toast1:

decableguy2000

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mine has spring AV's all the way around 503 51 48-01 same as the 262. Don't see them in the 2010 or newer IPL. Was able to order them with no problems. Plus the front AV. Seems to be good and stiff and vibes are easy on my hands.

Last edited:

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've heard about the conversion to spring AV. Good option to have if I decide it needs more dampening.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another thought, not that I'm obsessing about my 288 or anything;). I was thinking a 28" bar with an 8 pin rim would be a good combo for the power of this saw. I have arrived at this thought because I preferred an 8 over a 7 on a Jonsered 920. That saw had untapped power with a 7 pin that you would only see if you dogged it into the wood. The 8 pin really balanced that saw out for making cuts without prying on it. Would anyone care to offer an opinion?

RIDE-RED 350r

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Id say go for it and if you don't like the 8-pin I have an extra 7-pin kicking around. The 94 was pulling the 36" with 8-pin better yesterday since figuring out I had a smidge more throttle on tap than before. I'll probably stick with the 8-pin on that even when running the 36

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm looking at decal sets for the 288 on Chainsawr and they show a "Large" and "Small" decal set. The biggest difference I see between them is the clutch cover decal is a different shape and of course larger. My question is which set is going to work for my saw? I had Dustin order me a new style OEM starter housing but I am using my old clutch cover. Links to the decals are below, not advertising and I hope I'm not breaking any rules posting these links.

Small Set - https://store.chainsawr.com/collect...oducts/husqvarna-288xp-latesmall-dc-decal-set

Large Set - https://store.chainsawr.com/collect...oducts/husqvarna-288xp-latelarge-dc-decal-set

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another thought, not that I'm obsessing about my 288 or anything;). I was thinking a 28" bar with an 8 pin rim would be a good combo for the power of this saw. I have arrived at this thought because I preferred an 8 over a 7 on a Jonsered 920. That saw had untapped power with a 7 pin that you would only see if you dogged it into the wood. The 8 pin really balanced that saw out for making cuts without prying on it. Would anyone care to offer an opinion?
My 930 likes a 8 pin as well with 28" bar. Cuts like it has a 7 pin on it.

ny15

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm looking at decal sets for the 288 on Chainsawr and they show a "Large" and "Small" decal set. The biggest difference I see between them is the clutch cover decal is a different shape and of course larger. My question is which set is going to work for my saw? I had Dustin order me a new style OEM starter housing but I am using my old clutch cover. Links to the decals are below, not advertising and I hope I'm not breaking any rules posting these links.

Small Set - https://store.chainsawr.com/collect...oducts/husqvarna-288xp-latesmall-dc-decal-set

Large Set - https://store.chainsawr.com/collect...oducts/husqvarna-288xp-latelarge-dc-decal-set
I think the only difference is the size of the clutch cover decal

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
10:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
My 288's will readily pull an 8 pin with everything from a 20"-32" no issues,pulls a 32" so well that I wouldn't doubt it would have an issue with a 36"and 8pin the only time it has ever seen a 7pin is when I am cutting stumps at ground level with clutch cover on the ground and cutting slowly with lower rpm but that's not very often cause I will generally break out my John Deere 70V because it pulls a 32" great and it was FREE, so I am not as anal about it (though I should be, it's a nice saw also)

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My 288's will readily pull an 8 pin with everything from a 20"-32" no issues,pulls a 32" so well that I wouldn't doubt it would have an issue with a 36"and 8pin the only time it has ever seen a 7pin is when I am cutting stumps at ground level with clutch cover on the ground and cutting slowly with lower rpm but that's not very often cause I will generally break out my John Deere 70V because it pulls a 32" great and it was FREE, so I am not as anal about it (though I should be, it's a nice saw also)
Great info, thanks! Can't wait to run mine!