Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
12:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So it wasn't a "c" model?
What do you mean by flowed the carb bore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was a 3 screw carb non auto tune. Or what ever.

People get excited about going from a 346 carb to a 357 carb. There is about 1.6 mm difference which is .063 / 2=31.5 thou off each side of the Venturi. That's not much. Then look at the plate, divider, screws, shafts. Thin them to make a bigger bore but beyond that make it all smoothed out to make the carb flow air smoothly.

You can also take a little more out of the Venturi on the dry side of the carb.

And leave the stratos alone they knew what they were doing. May not make the meanest saw but a nice works saw

My 2 pennies

Little details add up.

laslabjohn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was in construction most of my life. When something is right on the money.....it's "Dead Nuts". How's the level look on that wall Joe? It's dead nuts boss.

LOL
Lol I use to set concrete forms with my dad, sometimes he would step back and look at them and say ( WELL LOOK AT THAT SH--!, IT'S CROOKEDER THAN A HOMEMADE PECKER!!)

Isaac

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I don't think that would square with Randy's posted #s of the fueled saws. Both Stihl & Husky (and likely others) have posted wildly wrong #s on occasion. I think they once even posted an 044 was 13 lbs, NO WAY! They are 14 lbs even (+/- an ounce or two).

My 10mm weighed 13.8 on the fed-ex scale a few days ago. I was shocked, thought they were heavier than that. That being said, with a 20" b/c on the 044 I forget all about my 362.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
A good 50-60cc saw could be the only saw many firewood hacks would need. 50/70cc saw have been the prescribed plan for a good while, but with some of the current offerings, a ported 40cc and ported 60cc saw, (especially that Dolmar) could be a hell of an attractive option, for those not routinely tackling over 28" trees, especially if they're endowed with large canopies like here in KS. I actually intend to give a friends ported MS241C a good workout before long just for poops and tickles. I would almost think about buying a 6100, but with the 562xp and Dad's ported 262xp (that used to be one of the Monkey's personal saws) I need another 60cc saw like I need another credit card.

Last edited:

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
A good 50-60cc saw can could be the only saw many firewood hacks would need. 50/70cc saw have been the prescribed plan for a good while, but with some of the current offerings, a ported 40cc and ported 60cc saw, (especially that Dolmar) could be a hell of an attractive option, for those not routinely tackling over 28" trees, especially if they're endowed with large canopies like here in KS. I actually intend to give a friends ported MS241C a good workout before long just for poops and tickles. I would almost think about buying a 6100, but with the 562xp and Dad's ported 262xp (that used to be one of the Monkey's personal saws) I need another 60cc saw like I need another credit card.
You can never have to much credit!

weedkilla

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When something has been fixed, especially when that fix is the oxy and bfh type of repair - "well, that'll stop it farting in church".

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
should've kept the 120si.:bash:

I needed the money. :(

I'm going to have to send you my 357xp Mr. Randall,, unless you've got a spare kicking around :)

I have parts.....but not a saw. :(

Surely we can get a 359 to build at a fair price. I can make those really go.

concretegrazer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Madder than a queer with lock-jaw on Valentine's Day... I actually heard that one from a gay dude in the Air Force... LMAO

They are! The 261 in my Sig (technically Dad's) has been a fantastic saw and is used on almost every tree we cut. It's a bit heavy and fat feeling compared to a 346xp or 550xp (which we also now have) but it's torqey as all hell and is tough. It did take about 15 tanks to break in worth a crap. It has worn a 16" bar of .050-3/8" chain since day one and has been used extensively in Hedge as such. It's a lot like a 350 Chevy or 318 Dodge engine, not always the best choice but never a bad one and often performs as the clutch player. I like the C version as well, but the only one I've played with was ported by Snelling, so it's not necessarily an accurate comparison for a stock sample.

Well said. You can run mine anytime.

0929160037~01.jpg