60cc Shoot Out

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Should have kept my 262xp. Cut with it for over 20 years and replaced piston ring 3 times. Offered $500 for it and down the road it went. Now I have spent the money and no longer have it, WTH.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've sold a bunch of saws. The one I miss the most is the MS261C.

What did you like about it Randy? I've got one here on the shelf and it feels like an overweight 50cc saw. Plus it's a stihl [emoji33]
Maybe I should put some time on it to see what the fuss is about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
3:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You have a way with words Randy,'dead nuts dependable'. From the context I can see that is a compliment...although if someone said I was as dependable as dead nuts I might not be so flattered. ;)

I was in construction most of my life. When something is right on the money.....it's "Dead Nuts". How's the level look on that wall Joe? It's dead nuts boss.

LOL

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We do have some funny phrases that make no sense if you listen to the words.... My wife and I are always looking for more that we here people say.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dan it was just a dead nuts dependable saw. Not the fastest saw, not the lightest. Solid performer, and never fell on it's face. You could lug it way down....and it would keep chuggin along. It just felt right.

My dad like his. He grabs it over his 260. When I picked this one I made one cut to try it and it's been on the shelf ever sense. I was thinking of selling it, but I'm going to use it a bit so I know what it is.

concretegrazer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dan it was just a dead nuts dependable saw. Not the fastest saw, not the lightest. Solid performer, and never fell on it's face. You could lug it way down....and it would keep chuggin along. It just felt right.

Sounds like a good work saw.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You have a way with words Randy,'dead nuts dependable'. From the context I can see that is a compliment...although if someone said I was as dependable as dead nuts I might not be so flattered. ;)

Dead nuts are reliable if you are relying on them in place of a condom with live nuts...
Just sayin... Lol

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My dad like his. He grabs it over his 260. When I picked this one I made one cut to try it and it's been on the shelf ever sense. I was thinking of selling it, but I'm going to use it a bit so I know what it is.

They take a good long time to break in. I damn near died when I made the first few cuts with mine. i should add, I had it 3/8 from the start...

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We do have some funny phrases that make no sense if you listen to the words.... My wife and I are always looking for more that we here people say.

Its raining like a double Dalled cow pissin on a flat rock....see if your wife likes that one.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Its raining like a double Dalled cow pissin on a flat rock....see if your wife likes that one.

:risas3: haha my Grandpa used to say "happier than a bull with two peckers in a pasture full of two twated cows" as an 8 year old I was confused by this as I thought twat was another word for teat. True story.