ad92bbcc1338599c0d57c22a9e9b20df.jpg

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's it rub it in! Lol Worse than that statement; I drove an extra two hundred plus miles from MO, not just to TN but to Jamestown airport with the green/clear locator light for the planes. Then down to the place that the crew had been eating, that closed 45 minutes before I got there. Backtracked to try to locate Randy's. Tablet provided a "peg" for gtg and a blu dot for location of tablet. After 15 or more hours in the van I couldn't put the dot next to the peg and gave , the hell, up. ATT towers are not in TN. Tablet coms ,was it
I so enjoy this memory LOL

I was not trying to rub it in, that was not why I quoted your message. Read a few of your posts, and was just trying to understand is all.

I don't reply on GPS or electronic gizmos when I'm on road trips. I always get an address, and have a ole school paper map in my truck, and map out my route before I leave. If I do get turned around, I stop and ask a local, show them on the map I'm trying to get to this X, how do I make that happen from where I'm standing. I've been all across the USA, back roads, side roads, etc. Always get to my destination the old fashion way.

Few years back, I gave a ride to young lady that was broke down at a gas station and needed a ride to a few states away, I was going that way anyways. Her 1st question when we got in my truck was, where is your garmin or GPS, I handed her my paper map, and said I don't need one. This will show us the way. She laughed and said your an old school backwoods redneck huh? I took that as a compliment.

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was not trying to rub it in, that was not why I quoted your message. Read a few of your posts, and was just trying to understand is all.

I don't reply on GPS or electronic gizmos when I'm on road trips. I always get an address, and have a ole school paper map in my truck, and map out my route before I leave. If I do get turned around, I stop and ask a local, show them on the map I'm trying to get to this X, how do I make that happen from where I'm standing. I've been all across the USA, back roads, side roads, etc. Always get to my destination the old fashion way.

Few years back, I gave a ride to young lady that was broke down at a gas station and needed a ride to a few states away, I was going that way anyways. Her 1st question when we got in my truck was, where is your garmin or GPS, I handed her my paper map, and said I don't need one. This will show us the way. She laughed and said your an old school backwoods redneck huh? I took that as a compliment.
I'm still pissed at me, and tend to respond poorly from my discomfort not from your intent.
I grabbed maps from each rest stop and checked physical info against lectronic. Matched up til the paper ran out of info that fine in detail.
I'm run out of fingers and toes to count the number of places my choice was wrong.
FYI ten miles into Illinois I turned onto 57/51 when the instructions I wrote the night before said pass that to get to 51. Added 1.5-2 hours right there. Took me back into MO with no turnarounds for many miles.The two signs that say Ferry to Kentucky didn't say"road closed." It was.
That was the beginning of making a 400 mile 6.5-7 hour trip into more than nine hours and over six hundred miles.
The plate, replacing the broken/removed skull was put in 46 years ago this week I guess.
I only need to remember , and correct for 5% of this year's misdirected mental turns which I may accomplish ,God willing, to get there at a more favorable time

tree monkey

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm still pissed at me, and tend to respond poorly from my discomfort not from your intent.
I grabbed maps from each rest stop and checked physical info against lectronic. Matched up til the paper ran out of info that fine in detail.
I'm run out of fingers and toes to count the number of places my choice was wrong.
FYI ten miles into Illinois I turned onto 57/51 when the instructions I wrote the night before said pass that to get to 51. Added 1.5-2 hours right there. Took me back into MO with no turnarounds for many miles.The two signs that say Ferry to Kentucky didn't say"road closed." It was.
That was the beginning of making a 400 mile 6.5-7 hour trip into more than nine hours and over six hundred miles.
The plate, replacing the broken/removed skull was put in 46 years ago this week I guess.
I only need to remember , and correct for 5% of this year's misdirected mental turns which I may accomplish ,God willing, to get there at a more favorable time

hedgerow lives in mo, maybe you could hook up and ride with or follow him next time

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Randy thanks for hosting the gtg, it was nice to finely make it down to your place! Haven't been to a gtg since 2014, I enjoy shooting the s*** with the boys, more than running saws these days. Was nice to meet a bunch of new blood too, and was great to catch up with some of the old boys.

[emoji111]

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You should see him in Color.

ad92bbcc1338599c0d57c22a9e9b20df.jpg

Yes, why you asking‍♂️[emoji23]

I spent 7 years working with a bunch of premadonas and let you tell you, some are great guys and some sure are well you probably know from working with them. Being the only plumber and even the general foreman was a fitter is was tough. I’m still great friends with my the general foreman and we talk about the good old times but hearing the horror stories how his own fitter brothers tried to hand him out to dry still leaves a grudge against them premadonas

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

This sounds like the start of a good Halloween movie :icon_popcorn: