High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

372 goes NLA

chainsawman2011

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The 51.4 mm cylinder kits are NLA. The wrap handle wil be around for a while, but as this is the older OE saw, there is no super $30 deal on a complete XPW kit.

Be careful if ordering those 51.4's from places that say they can still get them. The system is accepting orders and then superseding the part # to the single ring 371 top end. (There ya go Mason!). They really ought to just spit it back as NLA and avoid any confusion.

Yup ran into that same problem with the xpw cylinders finally called Husqvarna and they said nla. Same thing goes for non xtorq 50mm 372 oem cylinder kits they have been back ordered since late november. Probably nla too now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chainsawman2011

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yes Mike. Part number is 503 691 271.

Pricey though at $94 vs $169 for the complete top end, cause Husky never lowered their piston prices along with the cylinder kits a couple years ago. Don't know of any aftermarket pistons that are single ring.

Meteor makes a single ring 50 mm piston

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yup ran into that same problem with the xpw cylinders finally called Husqvarna and they said nla. Same thing goes for non xtorq 50mm 372 oem cylinder kits they have been back ordered since late november. Probably nla too now

They have plenty in stock now. This kit will be around for a number of years as the saw was just discontinued and there are still plenty of them out there on shelves still to be sold. Nothing to worry about here.

chainsawman2011

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
They have plenty in stock now. This kit will be around for a number of years as the saw was just discontinued and there are still plenty of them out there on shelves still to be sold. Nothing to worry about here.

Even non xtorq 372 oem cylinders as that’s what is back ordered not the xtorq ones

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Even non xtorq 372 oem cylinders as that’s what is back ordered not the xtorq ones

Geez, I read that wrong didn't I? Sorry about that!

Just checked and both 50mm kits are in stock, but in low numbers. Lots of 48mm's and some of the 47mm 362/2163 kits.

My guess here from past experience would be that we lose the variety and end up with one kit for all saws on the chassis; probably one of the 50mm. There are so many 372OE's still out there that demand for top ends will remain strong for a good while. I'd be shocked if those kits went away anytime soon. But my fingers are crossed like you guys. :)

Cobby08

I’m a face down ass up guy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How are people taking the transition to the 572 Bob? People have cold/nervous feet or are they accepting the change decently? I'm sure once they get some time on it they are good with change but finding it difficult to convert hardcore 372'ers?

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How are people taking the transition to the 572 Bob? People have cold/nervous feet or are they accepting the change decently? I'm sure once they get some time on it they are good with change but finding it difficult to convert hardcore 372'ers?

Pretty much been accepted at this point Mark, now that it's had the time to earn a good reputation. Been out almost a year now. When it arrived last Feb there was the typical run by guys who had been waiting for it. But there were a lot of guys who burned up early 562's that did take a wait and see attitude and I don't blame them at all. But they have warmed up to buying them as the reports from guys they know are all good. But you are right about the 372 being a legacy saw that guys won't want to let go of. We'll be hearing that for the next 20 years. LOL

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pretty much been accepted at this point Mark, now that it's had the time to earn a good reputation. Been out almost a year now. When it arrived last Feb there was the typical run by guys who had been waiting for it. But there were a lot of guys who burned up early 562's that did take a wait and see attitude and I don't blame them at all. But they have warmed up to buying them as the reports from guys they know are all good. But you are right about the 372 being a legacy saw that guys won't want to let go of. We'll be hearing that for the next 20 years. LOL
Bob
You forgot about the Conan the barbarian
Impersonator
the echo 70cc saw will dominate the market
When it's released
The shack will make it happen.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
2:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
But you are right about the 372 being a legacy saw that guys won't want to let go of. We'll be hearing that for the next 20 years. LOL

Some guys here are just not ready to give up their 372's just yet, even if they know eventually that day will come, for now they are running fine and certainly nothing wrong with that.
Then there's some that are hanging on tighter than an old hippie clinging to the past. Technophobes I guess you'd call 'em.
At any rate, we'll patch them up and keep them going for as long as we can, whatever that may be.

Cobby08

I’m a face down ass up guy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's good to hear Bob. We have those same "ew it's different; kill it..." people around here. Some people curse of change, some embrace it.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pretty conservative in that 20 year estimate Bob...lol

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pretty conservative in that 20 year estimate Bob...lol
Now days with all the aftermarket products I can see them living on for a long time and many guys enjoying building them for that long, heck there are plenty of guys still building 2 series saws.
Then you also have the markets they are still being produced in. Just like many guys I've hoarded plenty of them as well as a new 2018 346, just in case ;).

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Aftermarket products can only do so much, especially with cylinder kits. The top ends are fine for most of us guys. As hobby guys who own a lot of saws on which we split our run time, they will last a good while in that context. But in a pro environment where a guy might run 2.5 gallons of gas through the saw every day, they aren't going to cut it. Not unless a guy is comfortable throwing a new one on now and then. The other reality with the AM kits is that in addition to the longevity, the squish/compression out of the box is typically on the lame side, so performance will not be there like an OEM kit. Again, we can monkey with them and get better results, but not everyone wants to have to deal with that.

That being said, more of the 372 50mm kits are scheduled to arrive in 3 weeks, so there's no need at this point to be alarmed by the low numbers of kits in stock right now.

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
There is so many 372's out there I would never worry about finding a good used cylinder etc. JMO

Heck I am still finding my favorites in poulan 50mm and 54mm used. Just bought 2 more 54mm.
Dislike the 52mm myself and like the 48mm too but 50mm way better.

Now if it handled and balanced like a 372 :). But it dont. :(

Figure only 1% sold and quit in 2000 or so compared to the 372's sold out there.

71cc saws

p445372440.png

oldbitz

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will be keeping my 61 and 372 running for as long as I can get parts for them. Here in Australia the 572 is $1,989.00Rec. retail price incl GST, the 562 xp $1,739.00Rec. retail price incl GST and the 395 is $2,299.00Rec. retail price incl GST. I would love a 3120 but just don't use a saw often enough to warrant the cost plus my poor old back just isn't up to the task of hanging off one for more than 5 minutes at a time. And on top of the cost is that all the Husky dealers in my region are around 60 miles from where I live so that makes it a pain in the butt for updates etc. Where as with my older saws I can just ring them and the parts can be sent via courier or order online AM parts.

Last edited:

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will be keeping my 61 and 372 running for as long as I can get parts for them. Here in Australia the 572 is $1,989.00Rec. retail price incl GST, the 562 xp $1,739.00Rec. retail price incl GST and the 395 is $2,299.00Rec. retail price incl GST. I would love a 3120 but just don't use a saw often enough to warrant the cost plus my poor old back just isn't up to the task of hanging off one for more than 5 minutes at a time.
There's guy's here that will ship you saws
A lot cheaper than you can buy them in
Australia.

oldbitz

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There's guy's here that will ship you saws
A lot cheaper than you can buy them in
Australia.

Probably but the Aussie peso exchange rate and postage brings the prices closer together. It was great a few of years ago when the Aussie dollar was equal to or higher than the USD at the moment our dollar only buys 68 us cents and then my Government charges me 10% of the transaction just for good measure.