181 se PTO side bearing.

Huskygasaxe

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
4E977873-AB20-49E7-8DF7-6CB15D030D6F.jpeg I Goofed up. The pto side bearing is not in the case far enough. I realized this when I went to install the oil pump. My question is can I whack this bearing into the case farther with a big socket? I need to pay more attention. The crank turned so nicely. Now this . Thanks for the help-kyle

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
1:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Warm the case up first and then push the bearing in, then set the inner race in until free movement is achieved. If you have access to a hand press this would be preferable to "beating" it in. Here's where a bearing installation tool would come in super handy.
Best of luck to you!

Tugg

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you have access to a kitchen oven and your wife is not home put it in there. Pull all the plastic and rubber parts. Use an infrared temp gun to check your temps. If the saw is reasonably clean it will not smoke. Set your oven for 300 F. Then just watch your temp. When you heat up the whole case it stays hot longer and everything can be moved around. Look for around 250 F as a case temp. Then try tapping on it. Good luck

Huskygasaxe

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey guys. Heated the case up and got the right size 3/4 drive socket on it in the press. All is well now... except I drove in the mag side seal and it went cross eyed! Waiting on a new seal. This build is fighting me lol. Lost the muffler As well.

Poleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Try a heat gun that way the whole case won’t need to be heated and you can pin point the heat. If you have a infrared gun probable around 250 degrees, the a correct size socket or bearing driver and a larger sized brass hammer. Heat will be your frien on this... heat the case around the bearing and notbthe bearing itself.