High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

17 tanks on 661 max flow so far! update: 25 tanks!!!

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
6:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
You would be so proud of me for keeping all my creamsicle wise cracks to myself.;)

I have wondered about these max flow systems for my 064, but for some reason none of my other saws suffer from poor filtration systems.

Last edited:

CR500

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
really digging the maxflow.... I'm at 5-6 tanks on mine and nothing is getting past it.

I'm just waiting for the cage to get somewhat dirty in order to tell me it needs cleaning lol

At 12-13 and still looks mint inside ot the cage

Sent from my non internal combustion device.

Redbull661

661 hoarder (BlueBallz)
Local time
5:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
up to 25. :) I think eventually the oil in the fitler gets used up? (I assume dried up by dust etc) So just because it's not totally caked and clogged up doesn't mean you shouldn't wash it and re-oil? I think that is what Joe told me...can't remember exactly.

In any case this is really impressive!

Last edited:

Max-Flow Filters

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Redbull661, Thanks to you and the other testers we were able to develop a superior filter kit for the 661. Part of the secret was a better fitting cover that distributes the airflow around the filter element so that it doesn't allow spotty buildup areas. As you have demonstrated here, it is important to use a good quality foam filter oil (no bar lube, motor oil or gauze filter oil!) to get optimal efficiency and long run times. While we can't promise 25 tanks, testing has shown significant run times over stock, while holding new filter power levels.
We would recommend cleaning the element before any debris gets through, as you know, it is the oil that traps the fines. Find a cleaning interval that works for you. When I was working years ago with a 064 I carried a couple of extra elements in a plastic and changed them out every couple of days whether they needed it or not. Then when I did my weekend saw maintenance I would wash, dry, oil and bag them all for the next weeks run.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
5:14 PM
User ID
Reaction score
foam filters have always been the way to go i wonder why more saws don't really use.
i use belray filter oil on anything i got that uses a foam filter.

Last edited:

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Redbull661, Thanks to you and the other testers we were able to develop a superior filter kit for the 661. Part of the secret was a better fitting cover that distributes the airflow around the filter element so that it doesn't allow spotty buildup areas. As you have demonstrated here, it is important to use a good quality foam filter oil (no bar lube, motor oil or gauze filter oil!) to get optimal efficiency and long run times. While we can't promise 25 tanks, testing has shown significant run times over stock, while holding new filter power levels.
We would recommend cleaning the element before any debris gets through, as you know, it is the oil that traps the fines. Find a cleaning interval that works for you. When I was working years ago with a 064 I carried a couple of extra elements in a plastic and changed them out every couple of days whether they needed it or not. Then when I did my weekend saw maintenance I would wash, dry, oil and bag them all for the next weeks run.

It would be very helpful to include advise on oiling the Max-Flow filters on the individual packaging. Most current model stihl users get used to the "do not oil" warning on the HD filers and will use the Max-Flow with no oil.

CR500

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

Any thoughts on redesigning the covers on the 064?

Max-Flow Filters

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It would be very helpful to include advise on oiling the Max-Flow filters on the individual packaging. Most current model stihl users get used to the "do not oil" warning on the HD filers and will use the Max-Flow with no oil.
Your point is spot on and I would never have thought of that. I just assumed that if you were buying an individual replacement element that you would have already bought the kit, where we do talk about oiling in the instructions. But you know that "assume" issue. I'll get that implemented as soon as possible and at the very least include the url to the oiling link. Thank you for the input.

Max-Flow Filters

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Any thoughts on redesigning the covers on the 064?
The 064 was the first saw that got a Maxflow (Holeshot) kit and is near and dear to my heart. The cover mold was hand made and is a little (ahem) rough. There was no CNC back then. Unfortunately I don't plan a redesign on the 064 anytime soon. Just not enough of them around to justify the mold cost. The next saw in the cue will probably be the 461, but even that is some time off.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Your point is spot on and I would never have thought of that. I just assumed that if you were buying an individual replacement element that you would have already bought the kit, where we do talk about oiling in the instructions. But you know that "assume" issue. I'll get that implemented as soon as possible and at the very least include the url to the oiling link. Thank you for the input.
I went and looked over all the instructions again and noticed mention of if about half way down. I don't read further than what the pics show if they are part of the directions. Can i suggest just adding a little side note on the pics that states "oiling required"?
I must admit I'm one of the few who never read directions when a few pics show the process and almost roached an ms460 and 660.

CR500

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The 064 was the first saw that got a Maxflow (Holeshot) kit and is near and dear to my heart. The cover mold was hand made and is a little (ahem) rough. There was no CNC back then. Unfortunately I don't plan a redesign on the 064 anytime soon. Just not enough of them around to justify the mold cost. The next saw in the cue will probably be the 461, but even that is some time off.

Worth a shot lol.. very well fitted covers for the661
Will deal with the 064 cover lol

Will be looking forward to the 461 kit.

Sent from my non internal combustion device.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lookin forward to the release of the 461 kit. I'll definately be picking one up