066 Blue Beast

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It made short work of that log. I cut through about 3/4 then rolled it with the Peavy. She noodles real nice also, you can lean on it pretty good.

Is not an absolute animal, but has real nice torque, so I like it.
She sounds good that's just a standard bore with port work correct?

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
She sounds good that's just a standard bore with port work correct?

Yes, the cylinder is from a round top 066 (w/Comp Rel) and a Meteor Piston. The original piston was burned and I cleaned up the cylinder. The crank was missing, the recoil was broken, etc … so I put an Asian saw under it.

I made the exhaust a bit wider and the intake a bit lower (see post #5)

Since the broken saw was given to me, my total cost is $272. (Asian kit $200, Meteor Piston $40, OEM piston pin bearing $10, Elastostart pull cord $22)

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, the cylinder is from a round top 066 (w/Comp Rel) and a Meteor Piston. The original piston was burned and I cleaned up the cylinder. The crank was missing, the recoil was broken, etc … so I put an Asian saw under it.

I made the exhaust a bit wider and the intake a bit lower (see post #5)

Since the broken saw was given to me, my total cost is $272. (Asian kit $200, Meteor Piston $40, OEM piston pin bearing $10, Elastostart pull cord $22)
So you liked it with the lower intake? On the 660s I always filled with JB weld to raise them.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I over shot a touch, I was going for 80-82, I think they like it there. The 660s have a different stroke than the 440/460+Hybrids and seem to like different #s.

For the others I like Ex about 102 and In at 78, but I think all of them seem to run better with Transfers numerically higher than 120. I think the limited opening above the piston results in faster flow. Perhaps there is also more push through the lowers, I've never really checked that, but the more surface area you have at a given pressure the more stuff should flow (like using a larger pipe in plumbing), 3/4 flow more than 1/2" at the same pressure.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I over shot a touch, I was going for 80-82, I think they like it there. The 660s have a different stroke than the 440/460+Hybrids and seem to like different #s.

For the others I like Ex about 102 and In at 78, but I think all of them seem to run better with Transfers numerically higher than 120. I think the limited opening above the piston results in faster flow. Perhaps there is also more push through the lowers, I've never really checked that, but the more surface area you have at a given pressure the more stuff should flow (like using a larger pipe in plumbing), 3/4 flow more than 1/2" at the same pressure.
Yep my thoughts exactly. Most of the 660s I've ported the intakes all got filled and almost always get set at 82 to 83 I've even put one of the farmertec cylinders I built for a friend up to 86 that's a lot lol but it seems to really like it and to date its one of the smoothest reeving farmertec 660s I've built but that saw was a special build and he really loves it.