MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice Mike. You drop the tree too?

No, that is at my daughters house and it was up in the electrical wires. The Town dropped it because during the Spring Tornado, the telephone pole broke and the transformed leaned against this tree and dripped oil all over it. They asked if she wanted it down, and I told her to tell them yes, as it was crowding a Sugar Maple tree.

They dropped it, I cut it. Spoke with the Town guys today when I was there. One of them may want to buy a saw from me!!! I guess I can let one go, this new one puts me back at 21 runners! They were intrigued with my Asian creations, and they know all the other guys I fix saws for. I also got some OEM stuff for sale.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Updated procedure on how to get a non Elastostart rope to work with an Elastostart handle.

First, thread the rope through the handle, sometimes you may need a pick to help with this. Take the end above the handle and put a small washer over the rope and tie a tight knot at the end of the rope. The washer will keep the knot from being sucked into the handle.

Now tie another tight knot approximately 3.5" down from the washer. Then, step on the bottom of the rope and pull the second knot into the handle. That second knot will activate the Elastostart stretch till the knot with the washer stops it. It will work just like they do coming from Stihl, just won't look as pretty.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not sure. I know a 3 bolt 046 coil can swap with a 2 bolt 460 coil, but I think some of the early 066/064s had different settings on the flywheel.

My understanding it the coil and flywheel have to be compatible on those early saws.

Likely if you post up the #s someone can tell you.

Gary Courtney

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a three post or some call them a therd dog leg on my 064 it will not work with the Asian flywheel they are timed different. Just a quick question for you what are you trying to do?
I had an ad wanting a 660 parts saw. Man responded,we made a deal and when I received it I discovered it was a early 066 ! Metal flywheel smaller than 660 and had a 3 leg coil. I purchased a poly -flywheel and was hoping the coil would work so I could at least salvage something !

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had an ad wanting a 660 parts saw. Man responded,we made a deal and when I received it I discovered it was a early 066 ! Metal flywheel smaller than 660 and had a 3 leg coil. I purchased a poly -flywheel and was hoping the coil would work so I could at least salvage something !
No you'll have to order a different one but save the one you got because if it's good you can use it for a older 64or66 if you run across one for cheap.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Likely that will not work, but those early 066s are sought after … lighter than the later ones. I believe some of them had 2 different keyways in the flywheel.
You are correct.