STIHL 044 wont start

cardsfan6

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I have a 044 that won’t start up . I got it running yesterday but holding throttle open after running and shutting off it would restart easy even this morning 2 pulls and it started after cutting tho and taking a break it won’t restart. Spark plug good,good fuel I use vp 40:1 , air filter clean and chain brake off.

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
12:50 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I have a 044 that won’t start up . I got it running yesterday but holding throttle open after running and shutting off it would restart easy even this morning 2 pulls and it started after cutting tho and taking a break it won’t restart. Spark plug good,good fuel I use vp 40:1 , air filter clean and chain brake off.
Could be any number of different things. I’d start by looking over the fuel system. Check for cracks in the fuel line and the impulse line. If they look ok I’d probably start with a carb kit and a new fuel filter.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
11:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

If no actual issue is present, it's most likely the relationship between the L, T and H screws are a bit off. try retuning the carburetor.