Maxchaos

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello!
I'm following the forum from a long time,but now I need an help for something I can't understand.
I'm rebuilding a 357xp,It has a farmertec crankshaft so I bet the previous owner had thinkered with It. I've deleted the base gasket and used a new Meteor piston.

It run very strong and I Can tune the carb good,but it's lean at low,I've turned the screw 3 turns out but It still wants more and more turns make no effect. On the H side I can make It 4-stroke at 2 and half turns out,maxing at 12500 rpm.

I tought carb maybe is the problem,so pulled It out to check wich model It have.
I can only read Zama C3-13a but seems It doesn't exist. The carb hole diameter that goes toward the cylinder measure 18.8mm diameter,is this the commonly called venturi size? I can't find any carb with so big diameter,any help?
The saw run very strong at wot,but doesn't sound fine at idle,seems lean. I Will probably buy a Zama c3-el42 for now. But i'm curious about this very big carb, it's definitely bigger than the el42 that I have on 346xp.
Thanks for any input.IMG_7904.jpegIMG_7905.jpeg

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
7:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Venturi measurement is the number that is normally referenced. It is the small inner diameter of the throat in the middle of the carburetor

Maxchaos

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh ok thanks,so it's the internal "throat". I measured the new HDA198A that I bought right now and it's 18,9mm at the cylinder intake so i'm measuring the wrong spot for the venturi.
Hopefully this carb work good now.