High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

working on other builders saws

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
1:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The chain. If people would learn to properly sharpen and maintain their chain........porting would just be a silly fad.
Tuning is a big worry of mine and I think few can or will do it like it needs to be done.
That's why I love mtronic.
Chain is a big one but tune scares me

2manyhounds

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Most of the guys I know that can really tune a saw learned the hard way, I blew up my very first chainsaw at 16 because I could tune it perfect. That lesson lasted a few years and then I learned it all over again, that time it stuck, if it don't burble a bit on smaller wood it's to lean.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I sold a very ported 394 to a tree service guy and I specifically asked him 2 times before we made the deal if he could tune because the old girl is fussy about it and to me a 394 is a saw that if it's not tuned sharp it makes a huge difference in how it runs so he assured me that wasn't a problem.
I send it to him and don't hear nothing and then a couple weeks later he called and said that it wasn't running great but they had used it a few days and that it was just ahead of a stock 661, I said that doesn't sound right,asked him where he had it tuned and he said,what are you talking about? I said you didn't tune it like I said to? He said he didn't think it needed it because his 661's never do.
I almost *s-word.
I ship a saw generally at 1 and 1 so they have to tune it instead of trying to run it as is. This saw had been ran a good bit at 1 and 1,it tunes around 1.25 and .75
I traded him back out of it and gave it to Mason.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
2:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I shouldn't say that.... mine is fussy. Just figure on taking a screwdriver with ya. My others are 99.9 percent without touching them.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
This was more of a play saw with big compression and big everything and it stayed tuned ok but I set it 1 and 1 to make sure that it got tuned.
He thought it was mtronic I guess even though we talked about it.
O well,it worked out fine