High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Wood carts...

JeffGu

Known Troublemaker
Local time
6:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
New addition to my collection of stuff to move wood around... I have high hopes for this one, as I can pull it around either by hand or with the lawn tractor. Found it at a TSC store for $150 today.

cart1.JPG
cart2.JPG
cart3.JPG

The floor is 34" x 52" and the thing is rated for 1400 LBS. Foot tall sides are removable.
Not really expecting that weight rating to be realistic, but if it will handle half that, it should haul some wood around ok.

skidooguy

Genuine smartass
Local time
5:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I would say that looks like a pretty good buy sir. Especially if you can pull it with your lawn tractor. I have been looking at buying a atv dump trailer but they are pretty spendy.

skidooguy

Genuine smartass
Local time
5:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
No doubt. You found that cart at tsc? As in tractor supply company I'm guessing

B

Backyard Lumberjack

New addition to my collection of stuff to move wood around... I have high hopes for this one, as I can pull it around either by hand or with the lawn tractor. Found it at a TSC store for $150 today.

View attachment 10078
View attachment 10079
View attachment 10080

The floor is 34" x 52" and the thing is rated for 1400 LBS. Foot tall sides are removable.
Not really expecting that weight rating to be realistic, but if it will handle half that, it should haul some wood around ok.

nice cart, looks like u can do a lot with one that big... noted TS! :)

B

Backyard Lumberjack

I have a smaller 1,000# cart for my urban lumber logging ops in town... pulled by my tow tug lawn tractor I converted. I made a separate tongue for the trailer so that I did not have to mar up the pull handle or drill holes in it for use on the cart. then new tongue hooks up to a tow hitch I fab'd up... works great! I haul in a lot of oak with it... chunks or limb sections. for bigger stuff up at my farm I use my tractor and FEL... or 16' trailer...

JeffGu

Known Troublemaker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yes! That's the one! Thanks for posting the link. I got it down out of the truck and pulled it around the yard a bit with a few rounds in it. It steers so much better than my garden cart and wheelbarrow options, and it does hold a lot of weight without ill effects. Pulling by hand, it was clearly a nice option. Hooked to the mower, it also works well. The hitch doesn't seem quite as sturdy as the one on my two-wheeled dump cart, but I'll just have to see over time. It holds more rounds than the dump cart, and is better for pulling a load up to the truck and unhooking it because you don't have to fight with the tongue weight like you do with the dump cart. I'm thinking, though, that having both of them will let us have one person hauling wood to wherever it needs to be and going back for another load with whichever cart is empty, while the other one does the unloading. It just might make a good system to get stuff done more quickly/efficiently.

The wife has already allocated the new cart to other garden duties for this coming season, as well, when we used it to haul a dozen bags of wood chips and potting soil from the garage to the shed. Took it all in one load, and it was easy to pull by hand. With our plastic garden cart, this would have taken five or six trips. I'm very impressed with this thing, so far, and I've only had it for one day. The price, I thought, was stupid low... the similar carts that are half this size were $100 and won't handle nearly as much weight/volume as this one. I don't think you could possibly go wrong with this, if it is something that looks like it might help make your firewood and other chores easier.

darkimpulse

Firewood Hack
Local time
8:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good to hear everything is going well with it. Your right on the price, too bad I can't find one up here in Canada. Will have to see if I can pick one up in Maine the next time I head down.

JeffGu

Known Troublemaker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
There are ten TSC stores in Maine, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding one. You can also check out their site, and have one sent to the store in Maine that is easiest for you to get to.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
7:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seems like a great buy. If you bought the tires separately it would cost that much

David Boyd

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those look like the tires you can buy at HF for around $13 when on sale. The smaller version of that tire sells for about $6 (the whole wheel, not just the tire) when on sale and the one on that cart goes for about $13, also the whole wheel. We use several carts like that at my work and we never buy tubes any more, just replace the whole wheel.

Correction: The tires I was thinking of are 13" not the 16" tires on that cart:
http://www.harborfreight.com/13-in-heavy-duty-pneumatic-tire-with-white-hub-69382.html.

If the axle size is the same, could probably still use the HF tires, though. I've done that before. Just lose an inch or so of ground clearance.

Last edited:

David Boyd

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Jeff,
You convinced me - I bought one of those carts today. I've used similar garden carts a lot, but they weren't set up to pull with the lawn tractor like that one. That should work great for what I need.

While I'm at it, I'll pass along another tip. I use this for moving my daily load of splits from the wood pile up to my back porch where I stack it just outside my living room door:
http://www.harborfreight.com/bigfoot-hand-truck-97568.html

image_20497.jpg

This has plenty of capacity and rolls very easily because of the large pneumatic tires (13"). I used to carry the wood up 6 porch stairs to get it on the rack on my back porch. The large wheels on this hand truck roll right up the stairs, so I can load up at the wood pile, pull it across the property and up the porch steps to the wood rack.

JeffGu

Known Troublemaker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
...I bought one of those carts today...

Very cool. Glad somebody benefits from my strange posting habits! :applaudit: I also use hand trucks for moving logs around... These red ones I found on sale somewhere for so cheap, I bought two. Little longer foot plate than most of them, because they're for moving five gallon buckets of stuff around. Pretty good for logs, too. These have the pneumatic tires, too. Not as big as yours, though.
I think I paid $40 for two of these, some place like Menards was clearing them out to make room for seasonal holiday crap, or something.

Log-Cart.JPG

I have a larger, gray one that I use for doing tree work (on jobsites) that has the solid rubber tires... no flats, but bumpy ride. It's an appliance truck, big and heavy. Real pain to get into the back of a pickup truck without giving yourself a hernia. The little red ones aren't bad at all, as far as that goes.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have the same cart from HF. I think it was less than $150 though, at least I hope it was because the quality doesn't seem like its worth that much money. I've use it moving firewood and I feel like I need to treat it like its delicate at times. It's still useful though and I can fit more in it than maxing out my 10cuft wheelbarrow. Two trips with both of these filled like this and I move 1/3 cord.
IMG_20160214_124024590_HDR.jpg

DSS

widebody
Local time
8:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Good to hear everything is going well with it. Your right on the price, too bad I can't find one up here in Canada. Will have to see if I can pick one up in Maine the next time I head down.
Lee Valley used to sell them. Probably expensive.

I've seen similar carts at Princess Auto, not sure if they have them all the time