Wicked 090

Billy Currie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You need a 17mmX15mm bearing? Just verifying from previous posts... If I find something it will most likely be just the needles, you will need thin washers to retain them if I find it, would that work for you?

Jerrylee

OPE Member
Local time
2:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hey y'all im new to the forum . Like today new. But have enjoyed all I've seen so far. I'm attempting to revert a revert a stihl 201 tc-m. Back to a simple 201 or 201 t whatever they used to call it before mtronic completely ruined this solid mother of a top handle/ climbers saw

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I went through this entire thread and came up with this conclusion .I am not the only one with a vivid imagination capable of thinking out side the box .Nothing made by human hands cannot be modified ,repaired or copied ,duplicated .Nearly everything can be done on manual machines with CNC accuracy it just takes longer .

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hey y'all im new to the forum . Like today new. But have enjoyed all I've seen so far. I'm attempting to revert a revert a stihl 201 tc-m. Back to a simple 201 or 201 t whatever they used to call it before mtronic completely ruined this solid mother of a top handle/ climbers saw
Not sure why you would want to do that? Just get another 200t. They often come up on fleaBay. You may have to buy a builder saw but they're available. Often there are two or three on the auction block which could be to yer advantage. Get a couple. If you're not keen on building them yourself, pick one of the builders here on site. You may want to partially disassemble them and give them a good deep cleaning though.

FWIW, I have both saws. My toot is set up with a 16'' bar for larger take downs. The tc has a LW bar and is nibble. Plenty of power.
So far only teased with a little muffler work.

Edit: Oh, and welcome to the site!!!
I should have said this first but I'm on my first cup of joe on a rainy day.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Welcome to OPE.

Someone needs to move this post.
35cc and 157 are kinda different.

Oh... btw buy a nice done-up 200T from me or someone else here.
Or just buy a new tcm model

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't how that 200T ever got in this thread but it wouldn't be a good choice for a 3 foot oak tree but on the other hand a souped 090 would not be a good climbing saw .Unless of course you were 8 feet tall and could bench press 400 plus pounds .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's a big deal about the big gun 090 Stihl .It's got a ton of of torque and weights a ton but an 084 could out gun it .One larger some model of Skil. ran one of those too ,rare as a hens tooth ,owned by a guy in Indiana .Now one and only one that actually impressed me was done by Ken Dunn from some place in Canada .Owned by Larry S of near Medina Ohio with a ten pin I think .404 chain .That pot licker would fly .That rascal was so heavy ,no need to lean on it .Damned things cost a fortune to own a legion ,doubtful I'll ever own one .

Last edited:

Billy Currie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you find a bearing or bearing needles? I just thought of buying drill blanks and cutting them to length. Using them as loose needles.