What really grinds my gears!!!

Nate.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
CA back fee’s. Around these parts when you don’t pay your registration it keeps getting added to the vehicles bill every year with penalties. (Example) if a f-350 is totaled by the insurance company and sits in a auction yard for 3 years the state figures it’s only fair that I pay them $2100 in back registration since I now own the truck…. Don’t get me wrong my local DMV is awesome but the state side drives me nuts sometimes.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
10:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
CA back fee’s. Around these parts when you don’t pay your registration it keeps getting added to the vehicles bill every year with penalties. (Example) if a f-350 is totaled by the insurance company and sits in a auction yard for 3 years the state figures it’s only fair that I pay them $2100 in back registration since I now own the truck…. Don’t get me wrong my local DMV is awesome but the state side drives me nuts sometimes.
I'd move.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
11:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Doctors waiting hall/room and people not turning on silent mode on their phones, taking calls not leaving the room!

People watching videos with sound in the doctors waiting room!

People grouping up and having loud conversations in the doctors waiting room!

Yes, I am in a doctors waiting room/hall right now.

Everything ok w you buddy??

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
8:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
when people constantly change the radio station in the car every time a commercial or a song they don’t love comes on
I forgot to mention people like that need Spotify, I have Spotify, do any of ya’ll have it?

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
10:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
California is ENORMOUS
Fixed it for you.

There are parts of California that are unbelievably beautiful and more rural and remote than anywhere in Wisconsin. And there are parts that are huge populous cities. And everywhere in between. Just can't sum up that much area with generalizations real easily.

legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
when people constantly change the radio station in the car every time a commercial or a song they don’t love comes on
Guilty as charged! I tried leaving it on one station a few times in recent years .
I've driven half way across the big city (in rush hr traffic) and not heard one single #@%* song, due to all of the commercials.

Television? 4~5 minute segments and then anther 7 commercials.
I usually run the dvr and catch 3~4 hours of things and then play it back with a finger on the remote.
Commercials loaded with chitty songs from 40 years ago that I was eFing tired of hearing back then.
Now the advertisers goof up the lyrics and the networks replay them (about 3 times) every 6 mins.

Last edited:

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
9:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What grinds my gears?

Advertising
Politics
Bad algorithms
Absolutism
Hypocracy
Lack of self awareness
Greed
Waste
Designed obsolescence
People that don’t take their shopping cart back.

But it’s best not to dwell on it and offer second chances.

legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll tell my small secret about shopping carts in the parking lot.
No guaranties, but I have decent enough results with it.
I usually have better luck at finding a decent rolling buggy in the parking lot.
A lot of people will leave a bad one at the store front and try finding a better rolling one.
The better rolling ones seem to be more likely to end up in left the parking lot (not always though).

But then I also the see the cellphone-glued-to-hand types rolling the ones with a nearly square wheel, so just beware that trap.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
5:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Holiday/Sunday/or just a "ME day", I get a second coffee or a Cappuccino (I usually only drink one morning coffee with milk) and sit outside enjoying some piece and quiet, cuddle with the pup.

BAM!!!
Someone walks through the yard gate starts babbling and won't shut TF up. :mad:

It would seem I still know way too many people!