High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What is your preference for a concealed carry weapon?

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you ever get your 856? I just saw they are offering a 3" version. I think this one just made it to the top of the want list!

Bailed out the 856 and have put about 60 rounds through it. Seems to have the same accuracy as my trusty S&W 637, I feed it the same load of 3.1 grains Accurate Nitro 100 under a 150 grain lead semi-wadcutter. The trigger pull is definitely not as good but should improve over time.

breese

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Picked this up after going to a factory shoot.
Once I got the holster I found its not as comfortable for me as my Smith 1911.

FMK 001.JPG FMK 002.JPG

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Taurus PT111G2 every day.
I know, its cheap.
It doesnt get cared for at all, gets sweated on constantly, and it still goes bang EVERY TIME. Keep it in a Boaz tuck holster when concealed, and a Boaz hip holster around the house. Like the hip holster, as its got the storage for the extra mag if I ever need it. Hope I don't.
These are cheap, but reliable.
Wife has an M&P shield that stays in the purse.
Colt Trooper .357 mag stays close to the bed in case we get rudely awakened.
My favorite old clunky but dead reliable Beretta 92FS stays in the kitchen. Close enough but not too close to the back and front doors.
Theres also a few scatterguns handy but not openly visible in convenient(for us) locations. Cant have somebody thats not supposed to be there getting ahold of those, but nice to know we can. Handgun is better for handling in a pinch, but nothing beats a shotgun for quick use. More latitude for dire emergency use. Also cheaper and easier to get than handguns.
Bit more Spartan in our requirements. Doesnt need to be expensive or precise, just needs to work when we need it, and need to have one handy anywhere or any time we need one. If I'm not here, and I cant be all of the time because of work, she knows she has one handy.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Not a bad deal?
That's a Smokin deal, especially with components for 1k rds of .50AE!
Desert Eagles are the epitome of over the top, in an autoloader and the .50AE, is a big ole can of whoop-ass.
Deagle.jpg
Not too' bad shape!!

Ammo Lineup.jpg
L-R: 50AE, 45ACP, 357 Sig, 9x19mm

Loading.jpg
These will be FUN to un-cork!!

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah buddy, that's going to be a hoot to shoot.
Love the T-7. Since I got one, I rarely use a single stage.
The T-7 is Dad's. I haven't gotten my loading room setup yet, due to it also being the catch-all room in the house, but that's changing quickly. I have an old Rockchucker that Dad bought new in '82, and Lord knows how many rounds have been assembled on it. I learned on that RCBS aroud age 8 and I'll be using it plenty more, but there may be a T-7 in my future. I just can't justify the expense or complication of a progressive. Yet.

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The T-7 is Dad's. I haven't gotten my loading room setup yet, due to it also being the catch-all room in the house, but that's changing quickly. I have an old Rockchucker that Dad bought new in '82, and Lord knows how many rounds have been assembled on it. I learned on that RCBS aroud age 8 and I'll be using it plenty more, but there may be a T-7 in my future. I just can't justify the expense or complication of a progressive. Yet.
I learned on a Rockchucker as well.
The only problem with progressives is keeping enough component's on hand to feed them.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well, I believe that the next acquisition will either be a Shield 2.0, Walther CCP, or Hellcat in 9mm. I don't own a 9, but now more than ever a discrete 9, or .357 is looking quite attractive for the times when you don't want to blatantly advertise that you're carrying. The shield and the Walther both shoot very well. I'll have to handle the Hellcat and see what feels the best. I learned awhile back that an mechanically accurate pistol, that doesn't fit well, doesn't translate into acceptable accuracy, especially in a tense moment. I may find a small nine and a 2-4" .357. My 8" Taurus is great, but there's no way for it to be discreet, w/o dressing like the Stay-Puft Marshmellow Man.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I believe that the next acquisition will either be a Shield 2.0, Walther CCP, or Hellcat in 9mm. I don't own a 9, but now more than ever a discrete 9, or .357 is looking quite attractive for the times when you don't want to blatantly advertise that you're carrying. The shield and the Walther both shoot very well. I'll have to handle the Hellcat and see what feels the best. I learned awhile back that an mechanically accurate pistol, that doesn't fit well, doesn't translate into acceptable accuracy, especially in a tense moment. I may find a small nine and a 2-4" .357. My 8" Taurus is great, but there's no way for it to be discreet, w/o dressing like the Stay-Puft Marshmellow Man.

i just picked up a .40 Shield 2.0 yesterday from Bass Pro Shop. The place was a zoo in the firearm dept.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I almost bought a Shield 40, as I didn't mind the one I shot awhile back. I just don't have a 9mm right now, and need at least one good one. my Sig has both 40 and 357 Sig barrels, so I have some flexibility there, and have 45 ACP covered...

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I also may look at a Kahr 9mm, as I actually like a smooth DAO trigger, better than many striker triggers. I will say that the most ill-behaved auto I've ever fired was a mid-sized Kahr CW-40... By 18 rounds, I was flinching. I like the 480 Ruger, and other big thumpers, but that Kahr 40 was like sharp hammer wrap to the hand each time it fired. Just unpleasant. I did get to try the FN 509C recently, and really liked it, aside from the fairly aggressive checkering. Any serious trigger time would need gloves.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i just picked up a .40 Shield 2.0 yesterday from Bass Pro Shop. The place was a zoo in the firearm dept.

NICS was down for most of my shift at the side job yesterday. We advised people to put the gun on layaway and come back during the week when it had a chance to catch up.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I also may look at a Kahr 9mm, as I actually like a smooth DAO trigger, better than many striker triggers. I will say that the most ill-behaved auto I've ever fired was a mid-sized Kahr CW-40... By 18 rounds, I was flinching. I like the 480 Ruger, and other big thumpers, but that Kahr 40 was like sharp hammer wrap to the hand each time it fired. Just unpleasant. I did get to try the FN 509C recently, and really liked it, aside from the fairly aggressive checkering. Any serious trigger time would need gloves.

The .40 is an awesome cartridge with mild reloads. My Glock 22 eats the 175 grain Lee slugs over 4.3 grains Bullseye for 920 fps with modest recoil and excellent accuracy. So, basically a 15 shot .38-40 or .44 Special!

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I don't know if I've ever intentionally rolled up any low-end loads for our 40's, but I may have to, just for practice and proficiency.

srb08

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't know if I've ever intentionally rolled up any low-end loads for our 40's, but I may have to, just for practice and proficiency.

I shot a lot of low velocity loads in my Glock 27. Full house loads in a subcompact .40 S&W are not a lot of fun.
Even with light loads, I couldn't shoot the damn thing.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I shot a 27 once, and it definitely had some bark, and wasn't the most fun thing. The Kahr (CW 40?) was 4x worse though. Hell, even my G23 Gen IV sucked to shoot. Between it, an original XD 5.25", a XD-M 4.5", a XD Subcompact, a FNX compact, Sig P250 compact, and P320 full-size, the glock was hands-down the worst to shoot. Between the ergos, and the felt recoil, I just couldn't make myself like it. Between Dad, two good friends, and I, we have/had all of them in 40 (I sold the Glock) and compared them regularly.

The Sig is a similar round, and I like it alot, but the short neck makes reloading a PITA.