High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What do y'all do with stale gas-oil mix?

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i just put it in one of my cars or trucks or kill bees with it. it works good for that. use it as solvent to clean stuff. set it in a tin foil pan and let it evaporate wipe up the residu witb paper towell and burn it or throw i trash

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
2:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Not unless it's carbureted with no cat...I'm curious though, what is this stale mix you speak of? Every time I mix a fresh 2 gallon batch, I take my ported saws out and magically there's no fuel leftover shortly thereafter...
Lol. Same thoughts I had..stale mix? What is that?

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If it's non ethanol I've used it 9 months old
This. E-free pump fuel. I fill the generator with fresh fuel every spring. Drain the year old fuel into a can to be used in the mowers. I dose it with PRI-G at that time. Gas smells like the day I poured it in a year later.

Dieselshawn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use ethanol gas. I only keep them a short time. Only buy what I need for grass cutting and chainsaws.

When I’m done, I drain the tanks and run Red Max through them.

The left over gas is fed into the 1968 JD 140 lawn tractor.

With that giant coil they have to generate a big blue spark, they will make stale gas burn.

Any gas left over that didn’t get used up usually sits over the winter and then finished off in the 140 when grass cutting season returns.

John235

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep craftsman lawn movers been running on old gas for years. Old boat gas (mix), old generator gas, chainsaw mix that’s been around to long. I almost think the extra lube has kept it going this long. Same 12hp Briggs has been bolted into its third lawn tractor.