High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Velocity stack

ft. churchill

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I think they look cool also, but some men dont like 'em cause they hang up in brush, thickets etc. Not as sleek as the factory. Panty hose prefilters made for quick cleaning, pull it off and 90% of the crap on the outside of the filter came off with the panty hose. A quick shake off of the hosiery and put it back on over the filter and your back to cuttin'.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If they were modified and able to inrease intake length and reflect intake resonant pulses, they could make a BIG difference stuffing charge in at the right exact moment same as expansion chamber does. Yet to see a tuned intake on a saw, a bit of math or numbers into the puter along with some crafty work could go a long way. I bet spencerpaving could do it if he had the desire, not that his saws 'need' more power.lol

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
2:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If they were modified and able to inrease intake length and reflect intake resonant pulses, they could make a BIG difference stuffing charge in at the right exact moment same as expansion chamber does. Yet to see a tuned intake on a saw, a bit of math or numbers into the puter along with some crafty work could go a long way. I bet spencerpaving could do it if he had the desire, not that his saws 'need' more power.lol
Now that would be somthin! Tuned exhaust and intake, how would a guy even go about that? I've never heard of it before or even knew it was possible to "tune" and intake. Size and shape of the filter body?

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Reed valve and intake block would do it.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That would help atomization, but how would you tune it?

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Length and size. The reeds keep spitback down so it has more pressure on it to fill the case before the intake closes.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now that would be somthin! Tuned exhaust and intake, how would a guy even go about that? I've never heard of it before or even knew it was possible to "tune" and intake. Size and shape of the filter body?
Yup, can and is done on bikes both 2t and 4t. Length and diameter are keys to it, there is formulas and programs like building a tuned pipe. However, those usually do a bit of trial and error in length to get it where it needs to be. Biggest problem with stock saws is space but it could be done. Like a pipe, it can make a big difference kinda like forced induction and make a seat in the pants difference like a pipe. OEM bikes, carts etc have for a long time tried to make the most of the resonant nature of the intake system. Its not like you have to 'add something new' to gain power, your using what is already there and making the most of it. An intake will resonate like an exhaust whether a pipe is there or muffler can, it's a physical bi product of the engine. For OEM stock saws I think they try to avoid any impact of intake resonance as it can hamper power too and make a system that gets minimally affected.

spencerpaving

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
index.php

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Boost bottles are also used on the intakes to "tune" them in at a certain rpm. Do some prowling on the web for them.
The way I understand how a boost bottle works is that it equalizes pressure in the intakes for each cylinder and stores a charge of atomized fuel every time you let off the throttle. When you get back in the throttle you have instant throttle response