High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Tw-2 or tw-2 HD with hydraulic lift

Habada
Local time
7:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dare I ask what the list is on the one in the foreground?
Looks like TW been beefing some pieces up a little. Or maybe just options. There are so many I can't keep up with them.

That TW-6 package is around $10,500ish

tomtrees58

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
my tw guy is up state ny great $ he ship it to me for 300.00 my splitter was 6500.00

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
6:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That TW-6 package is around $10,500ish
Spendy!!
But then again, I got $4000 in components alone in "old scrap iron".
And it ain't near as nice of a machine.

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spendy!!
But then again, I got $4000 in components alone in "old scrap iron".
And it ain't near as nice of a machine.

I built my first splitter. After I figured out what I had into it after all was said and done I almost had a stroke. Plus the headakes I found while using it and minor design flaws.

I came to the conclusion that even if I can build one, some things are better left to those who really know what they are doing.

That being said, I am saving up for a commercial splitter, I love the TW6, but with Alex's pricing I foresee his splitter sitting in my barn eventually.

Hedgerow

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I built my first splitter. After I figured out what I had into it after all was said and done I almost had a stroke. Plus the headakes I found while using it and minor design flaws.

I came to the conclusion that even if I can build one, some things are better left to those who really know what they are doing.

That being said, I am saving up for a commercial splitter, I love the TW6, but with Alex's pricing I foresee his splitter sitting in my barn eventually.
Alex does great work. Maybe @Homelite410 could post a pic of his latest build?

Last edited:

Grimmy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pictures? I assume you have an Alex built splitter?
He does not, but I have an Alex splitter. It was built to my specs and we both threw our heads together on some things, and this is what the result was. This isn't his latest build, but was the one before that. Here are some pics.

download_20150715_125014.jpeg download_20150715_125018.jpeg download_20150715_125021.jpeg download_20150715_125024.jpeg

Hedgerow

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's some splitter eye candy right there..
All 3/4" lines?

Grimmy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's some splitter eye candy right there..
All 3/4" lines?
Yes, the main cylinder is 3/4" lines, and they collect in a manifold and then it gets bigger from there. I will have it at the Charity Cut in Waukee in May for sure!

That's a bit much for me... I saw that one online. How do you like it?
I love it. I had a unit from AllWoodLogSplitters and ended up returning it. The longer I had it, the more I hated it and felt like I bought something that was slapped together. Long story short, I contacted Alex about one first, but he was busy and I needed a splitter, so that's why I didn't get one from Alex initially. It wasn't cheap, but it was what I wanted, and single issue I had with the last one, isn't even a concern with my new one from Alex. The pieces that stalled my last one out, doesn't even kick into the second stage on the Alex built one. If you are going to build one/buy one, a commercial unit, pony up and build it as best you can. Do it once, do it right, and just use it after that.

Here's some video of the first time I used it. Was in July 2015. It was close to 90 degrees that day, so was a good test for the cooler. I didn't get any other video this year, as I ran out of time to split and needed to get wood processed and didn't have time to mess with a video camera. I hope to get more next season. I've got about 20 hours on it right now.