Trees you've cut

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
8:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice Eric. I ran that saw. It is very strong!!!

Actually Jeff not this one -- this is the one that in NY got toasted. It came back to Dan's GTG after rework and some breakin cuts created a little rub on the piston -- I think only Al and I had ran it and took it offline again when the rub developed. Turns out that rub doesn't matter at all and the saw is now completely broken in and we will be taking possession :) So now we have two -- the 440 based one that used to be your powerhead and then this one that is 044 based, 046 (for 460) jug w/ the 272 piston. I believe the 440 based one has a 460 jug w/ 460 piston.

Sometime when we get the band back together you can run 'em both! They are a hoot.

I used the 440/460 one couple weekends ago dropped 5 trees for neighbor one monster pine and had a blast slicing that up in no time w/ that saw.

Cheers.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool. I didnt know that Eric. I got one too. lol
We can run them all together next time we meet up.

Last edited:

pwheel

Finis Origine Pendet
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Three more Oak snags. Two leaners by the electric cow fence, pushed over with the neighbor's excavator, and one that had a slight lean towards the high-voltage transmission lines that run through our property. Yes, I was nervous. The neighbor will process the logs for firewood so I don't have to deal with them. :)

OakSnag - 1.jpeg

OakSnag - 2.jpeg

OakSnag - 3.jpeg

Last edited:

HYPERSAWS

West coast cutter
Local time
5:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 251472 View attachment 251473 View attachment 251474 View attachment 251475 View attachment 251476 It’s been nice to have a reliable partner who does a high quality job. It’ll be hard to find a replacement. The best for you and your family.:beer-toast1:
Same to you bro it has been a pleasure cutting with you. You do a damn good job cutting timber, don't let anyone make you feel like you don't, take pride in your work , but always remember we will always be greenhorns out in the bush, never stop learning.
:beer-toast1:

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 251472 View attachment 251473 View attachment 251474 View attachment 251475 View attachment 251476 It’s been nice to have a reliable partner who does a high quality job. It’ll be hard to find a replacement. The best for you and your family.:beer-toast1:

Yeah, ole @HYPERSAWS seems like a dandy stump carver for sure...:campeon:

People don't realize that having a falling partner in the west is like having another marriage. You watch out for each other, have each other's backs - regardless of the situation, and rely on the other guy to show up in order
to work and make a living. The longest cutting partner my dad had was for 11 years, and they'd been best buddies since junior high. My last cutting partner I worked with for three years and we're still buddies. The good ones
are in short supply.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah, ole @HYPERSAWS seems like a dandy stump carver for sure...:campeon:

People don't realize that having a falling partner in the west is like having another marriage. You watch out for each other, have each other's backs - regardless of the situation, and rely on the other guy to show up in order
to work and make a living. The longest cutting partner my dad had was for 11 years, and they'd been best buddies since junior high. My last cutting partner I worked with for three years and we're still buddies. The good ones
are in short supply.
They sure are in short supply.