Evansaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's been talked before a few years back I changed the ES LIGHT nose to .404
Many of you were then asking if it's gonna hold.

My GO TO set for the Ms500i i got from a friend was a selfmade MufMod: BAFFLED OUT OF CAN AND A BIG WINDOW TO HEAR ME COMING along with 8t 404 sprocket 20inch ES LIGHT bar

i m not lucky enough to play in my garden with 28-36bars.

moving or running to catch up work schedules with Burned Trees requires a Saber.
And the Ms500i is exactly that, at least for me
I fell in love with this saw. Featherweight has everything that someone gotta need to get the job done.
i ve actually abandoned my ported 661s for that specific job, Ms500i was the thing

From the first minutes i was waiting the saw to malfunction due to ash, wood chips, soil and abuse
It always started and worked for a month with huge heat, there was temperatures up to 39celcius and only the our own shadows around nowhere to hide.
Ms500i kept going and paired with .404 it performed
At the very beginning i used the bulp during morning first start, that was 5.30am. After few days i just went with 5-6strokes, no priming at all.

that chainsaw is a professional category of it's own! For people considering it overated while they play inside their garden bucking wood among tenths of chainsaws...stay out of the Forests it's just a different world out there.

wish i had one Ms500i woods ported and that's where i m gonna end up some day

BE202EF1-AFED-43C9-B347-3267B352ED20.jpegFB24548C-2837-46ED-8A0A-1104ADCCC188.jpeg

BonScott46

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's been talked before a few years back I changed the ES LIGHT nose to .404
Many of you were then asking if it's gonna hold.

My GO TO set for the Ms500i i got from a friend was a selfmade MufMod: BAFFLED OUT OF CAN AND A BIG WINDOW TO HEAR ME COMING along with 8t 404 sprocket 20inch ES LIGHT bar

i m not lucky enough to play in my garden with 28-36bars.

moving or running to catch up work schedules with Burned Trees requires a Saber.
And the Ms500i is exactly that, at least for me
I fell in love with this saw. Featherweight has everything that someone gotta need to get the job done.
i ve actually abandoned my ported 661s for that specific job, Ms500i was the thing

From the first minutes i was waiting the saw to malfunction due to ash, wood chips, soil and abuse
It always started and worked for a month with huge heat, there was temperatures up to 39celcius and only the our own shadows around nowhere to hide.
Ms500i kept going and paired with .404 it performed
At the very beginning i used the bulp during morning first start, that was 5.30am. After few days i just went with 5-6strokes, no priming at all.

that chainsaw is a professional category of it's own! For people considering it overated while they play inside their garden bucking wood among tenths of chainsaws...stay out of the Forests it's just a different world out there.

wish i had one Ms500i woods ported and that's where i m gonna end up some day

View attachment 309526View attachment 309527
No regulations/concerns about running a saw with a modified muffler and no screen during high fire risk conditions?

RD35

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
IMG_0738.JPG
This is my Dad a few years ago. We cut up this red-oak and brought it to the barn where we do all of our firewood splitting. For reference, Dad is 6ft tall and was around 230lbs in this photo. Used his tractor with front loader to haul them out of the woods to our spitting pile.
IMG_0737.JPG
And this is me the same day...same red-oak. This tree went a long way toward getting both of us our winters supply of firewood.
I may have posted this photo a few years ago....sorry if it's a repeat.