Not open for further replies.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
4:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gee lets all get bogged down in a pointless semantic argument .
In before the lock.

And by the way. I think some of the most boring,tedious,trifling obnoxious people I know male,female,gay or straight are those who define themselves wholly or in large part by their sexuality or orientation. Also the easiest offended.
Right. I can see someone not liking gay. But ghey, meh. It means lame.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Keith Gandy

I absolutely respect your opinion (and that of your religion) that's it's not okay to be gay. I don't agree with you, but I don't have to. You don't agree with me, and you don't have to. I don't know what your religion is, but making some assumptions here (I think you're from the US) I think your religion also preaches about loving your fellow man and leaving judgment of others to a higher power. You mentioned that you're taught to hate the sin not the sinner.

Actually, I probably shouldn't have mentioned that I think it's okay to be gay. I do, but that's not the point of this discussion. My point was that calling things, "gay" or "ghey" is hateful. It causes hurt to our fellow man. I think we shouldn't do it. I think that we can have a better forum for discussion of chainsaws and other awesome things if we don't use it. Just my opinion. I'm glad to see that some of you guys agree.

Is it a big deal? Probably not. Will life continue without is changing our behavior? Certainly. Am I super stoked about this forum and think it's great? Absolutely. Did i know this might be a troublesome topic? Yes. Will it be worth it to me if even one member reads my post and just considers removing that term from their vocabulary? 100% Yes.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thats their choice but dont drag it in a public forum and state that its okay to be gay but its not for me and religion to believe that way. Politics, religion ,sexual preference shouldnt be drug into this site. Talk to the OP about forcing gay rights on people on this site

Just to clarify, as I said above, I should have kept my own opinions on homosexuality to myself. Hopefully we can move on and agree respect each other's opinions. But, to be clear I'm absolutely not trying to FORCE anything onto anyone. I'm simply making a suggestion use more respectful language. Just a suggestion. I'm very aware of the fact that many of you may read my suggestion and say "GFY", and that's completely 100% okay with me.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Right. I can see someone not liking gay. But ghey, meh. It means lame.

I hear what you're saying. To me, "lame" means lame, and "ghey" is a way of saying lame that puts others down and is clearly a derivative of "gay". Just my thoughts though.

Status
Not open for further replies.