Jughead

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is that the 070 you got off of AS?
the 090.i'm in the process of tear down.it was locked solid.filled it with oil and let it set a day or so.got a socket and ratchet out and started moving the crankshaft to and fro.a pretty good crunch sound and it broke free.:confused: definately going to get a full rebuild.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
1:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
the 090.i'm in the process of tear down.it was locked solid.filled it with oil and let it set a day or so.got a socket and ratchet out and started moving the crankshaft to and fro.a pretty good crunch sound and it broke free.:confused: definately going to get a full rebuild.

Seeing as this is the Handy Tip thread, I've had excellent success freeing locked motors from rust by using a 50/50 mix of ATF and acetone. I keep some handy in a squirt bottle all the time. It absolutely dissolves rust. Spray a bunch down the spark plug hole(shake it up first) and leave set at least a half a day or more and it will free right up, no crunch. Knock on wood. I've even been able to run said engines with the same rings if not ate up to badly. Frees rusted bolts and all manner of things. Really does work, no guff.

Jughead

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
oh yeah used atf many times.never was able to get it to mix with acetone though

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
1:58 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sometimes you can save yourself a bit of time when rebuilding carburetors, by turning in the Low & High speed adjusting screws lightly seating them and counting the turns in made and writing that down for reassembly before removing them. Then lay them on the piece of paper next to to there settings marked H and L so as not to mix them up. Example: L 1 1/4 , H 3/4 . Now you should be real close on initial start up and engine should stay running good enough to be re-tuned. The sometimes part is it doesn't work if someone fiddled with them first. Then one will be way out the other way in or some such thing, then you are better off setting them to their factory initial settings. Example: found at L 3 1/2 , H 1/4 set at initial factory specification L 1 1/4 , H 1 1/4.

Fifelaker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can still get them up here. I have a few thousand hulls for reloading, but the stores carry them and the range I shoot at has a pallet or two also.