High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

To purchase a Woodmaxx chipper or rent???

RyeThomas

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh wait it’s an extra $50 option for the WoodMaxx yellow and green. So it’s a $700 difference. Only matters if you have a Deere.

Let me be clear I have nothing against WoodMaxx they are Veteran owned and I respect the hell out of that. I’m just trying to get the best deal for my family and nothing comes before that.
This thing may be a big turd, but it sure looks like a solid, strikingly similar machine,

KiwiBro (deleted)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hydraulic infeed as opposed to manual. The chuck and duck refers to throwing branches at the infeed area and ducking for cover as the branches flail around and swivel in an uncontrolled fashion without a hydraulic infeed roller to control the feed better. Most of the cheapies here are chuck and duck. Heck, even some of the expensive models are chuck and duck for simplicity. But I think the H&S Empire is trying to eliminate them.

RyeThomas

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ha, well now I get it. Yeah I was amazed I can spend $1800+ for a machine I have to stand behind and push the material in ( chuck and duck, I like it). Looked at mechanical feed and while much better wasn’t sold, then I found this one and it’s hydro so I figured why not give it a shot.

KiwiBro (deleted)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That's quite a saving if they are essentially similar machines. Looking forward to reading what you think of yours after considerable use. There are a number of small clean-up/felling jobs around here where I can't leave a burn pile but could leave a pile of chips. So I've been considering a PTO chipper. I'm not convinced it will pay its way yet, but getting there.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
10:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hydraulic infeed as opposed to manual. The chuck and duck refers to throwing branches at the infeed area and ducking for cover as the branches flail around and swivel in an uncontrolled fashion without a hydraulic infeed roller to control the feed better. Most of the cheapies here are chuck and duck. Heck, even some of the expensive models are chuck and duck for simplicity. But I think the H&S Empire is trying to eliminate them.

Chuck and duck sounds fun.

RyeThomas

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok so I got the Chipper assembled in about 4 hours. I was in no hurry, with two people you could have it done in no time. I of course like always was solo so it was a bit more challenging. Directions were good with pictures until I got to the hydraulic control lever and valve. They have updated the valve and it is more like the Woodmaxx (different part number but the same type) Instead of simply reducing flow by a set screw, it is a valve that sends extra fluid back to the tank via a return line. Like the Woodmaxx though the valve is probably oversized so you get 100% or probably 30% not much between.
Next the control bar (for the infeed rollers Fwd/N/R) is under the chute rather than over. I like it under but I have no experience with the bar that’s over either.
Putting the control and hydraulic valve and setting the linkage was not covered in the directions (the older style was still in the instructions). I got her figured out but sent them an email about the instructions not being complete.
The last difference is due to the mounting or hook up design my quick hitch won’t work. Not a huge deal as my John Deere 4510 has the easy adjustable bottom links with the pins. But if you have the turnbuckle style I could see this being a big pain.

RyeThomas

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok so operation wise the machine has exceeded all my expectations. It has handled much larger material than I expected with ease and very little rpm drop. My tractor is only 35 pto hp but it doesn’t seem to be an issue.
The quality, fit and finish seem to be of similar HD construction as my other more expensive big name implements. I am very satisfied with my purchase and if I need another implement I will be using Victory Tractor Implements again.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok so operation wise the machine has exceeded all my expectations. It has handled much larger material than I expected with ease and very little rpm drop. My tractor is only 35 pto hp but it doesn’t seem to be an issue.
The quality, fit and finish seem to be of similar HD construction as my other more expensive big name implements. I am very satisfied with my purchase and if I need another implement I will be using Victory Tractor Implements again.

We need video.

RyeThomas

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If anyone wants any specific info, pictures, questions feel free to ask here and I will give you an honest answer.
I am very happy I didn’t spend a lot more money for a different Name. I will say the new valve style should be added to the instructions and if you must have a quick hitch hook up this may not be the machine. That said I have seen pictures of this Victory machine with a different hook up made for quick hitches. May be worth a phone call if that’s a must for you.

Watch how others word their machines, they put in bold USA Made knives but once you read some more or dig they aren’t made in the USA only the blades are. This machine has USA knives as well.

I plan on putting up some more pictures and a Video at some point.

ABarrick

TacomaTRD98 on AS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The woodmaxx equivalent to this machine and their smaller TM86H model are both Chinese made similar to Jinma and many other companies that market the "same" unit. Their heavier duty models like the MX8800 and MX9900 are "USA made" according to them.

I did a lot of reading and video watching trying to decide what 3pt chipper I was going to buy last year. I wanted a Wallenstein BX52R but the price was a lot more than I wanted to pay. I almost pulled the trigger on a new MX8800. The biggest draw backs to it for me are the non-folding infeed tray and the square infeed opening. I ended up finding a used Wally BX62R for $2300 that had very little use on it. It is a wood eating machine. The biggest reason I wanted the Wallenstein is for the rectangular infeed. Mine is only a 6" chipper but the inlet is 6"x12" which is awesome for slabs or forked branches, etc. Not near as much trimming to get it to fit in the chipper. It's overall performance is better than my uncles Bandit 65xp commercial tow behind chipper. My biggest complaint with it is the bottom of the roller housing is open so it leaves a mess underneath it, but it does keep it from jamming up, so it's not a big deal, just takes 2 minutes to rake up a small pile of chips when you're done if you're in a yard or somewhere you cant just leave them lay.

Good luck with your purchase. I hope it works out well for you. I know I've been happy to have a chipper around.

RyeThomas

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My tractor is a t the very low end of recommended PTO hp. They want a min of 30 and I’m at 33.6 on my John Deere 4510. Handled the 4” pretty good, rpm dropped but nothing to worry about.

Marshy

WFO Cutting
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah those longer pieces start to draw down the power. I thought it did well. Was it running at rated rpm?

RyeThomas

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep. She’s the lowest HP largest frame 4 series of that era. I’ve never needed a ton of HP, weight and FEL lift is all I’m worried about.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The woodmaxx equivalent to this machine and their smaller TM86H model are both Chinese made similar to Jinma and many other companies that market the "same" unit. Their heavier duty models like the MX8800 and MX9900 are "USA made" according to them.

I did a lot of reading and video watching trying to decide what 3pt chipper I was going to buy last year. I wanted a Wallenstein BX52R but the price was a lot more than I wanted to pay. I almost pulled the trigger on a new MX8800. The biggest draw backs to it for me are the non-folding infeed tray and the square infeed opening. I ended up finding a used Wally BX62R for $2300 that had very little use on it. It is a wood eating machine. The biggest reason I wanted the Wallenstein is for the rectangular infeed. Mine is only a 6" chipper but the inlet is 6"x12" which is awesome for slabs or forked branches, etc. Not near as much trimming to get it to fit in the chipper. It's overall performance is better than my uncles Bandit 65xp commercial tow behind chipper. My biggest complaint with it is the bottom of the roller housing is open so it leaves a mess underneath it, but it does keep it from jamming up, so it's not a big deal, just takes 2 minutes to rake up a small pile of chips when you're done if you're in a yard or somewhere you cant just leave them lay.

Good luck with your purchase. I hope it works out well for you. I know I've been happy to have a chipper around.

8d95c36fde188eb7ca60c766e9a3f034.jpg

This is a BX60: maybe 20hrs I’m It when we bought it.

It’s the 6”x 10” precursor to your BX62.

It’s alright for Pine limbs.