Thinking about getting a Super Split

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
11:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
She looks like she wants to eat some wood!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn’t realize they were in Massachusetts might have to take a ride just to go visit and pick it up

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Going out in the morning to pick up my super split. Can't wait to finally get a machine that I have to keep up with. Gonna try and get started splitting tomorrow night on a sheet load of oak. :dancer2:

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It can take up to 3 people to keep up with a super split. Otherwise it just sits there and spins it's fly wheels.

I can imagine. When it’s just me I’ll get as close to the stack of rounds as I can. I’m still young and dumb. Lol. I’ll give er hell. Gonna get this knocked out this weekend
c39167e434a78224038301c9aaab42be.jpg

I’ll report back.

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 34490 View attachment 34491
I'm very happy with the SSHD, can you tell?
I don't pick and choose what to split. I buy logs, and I need to sell the splits. If I can lift it, it is all going through it. When this is split, there are four more 20 cord load of logs. The SS may look skinny and light weight, small scrawny wedge and all, 7 hp and two pinky finger size rubber belts...but...it will "Dance like a butterfly, sting like a bee..."
I had never heard of kinetic splitters until I got on some of these blogs. Bought it having never seen one, just what others shared. Never heard a bad word about them from SS owners. You run a gallon of gas through it, you've split a lot of wood. I'm just getting started with the Posch system but the SSHD is what is going to keep it going. I blog with a guy in Illinois who sells cord wood and bundles, and runs four SuperSplits. I'd be curious to know how many machines are out there. Or even how many Paul sells a year.

Was reading back through the thread a little. When we picked the super split up this past saturday he said he sells between 300 and 400 units a year.

I'm sure I would have been happy with spending a few hundred more for the HD but with Pauls advice with the wood we split we went with the J model and it was the right purchase for us. There may have been 3 pieces where I almost stalled the flywheels. I caught it and pushed the lever down before it stopped. 2 out of the 3 were totally my fault for not reading the grain or missing where the not was. Half throttle at 3,000 rpm's the whole time according to my hour meter/rpm gauge.