User ID
Reaction score
The tip of the front saw's bar has seen quite some heat lately :eusa_whistle:
Haha, yes, poor thing! :)

Did they still sell PS-7900 in 2014?
In Germany, the last year in wich it was available was 2011, from 2012 on
they shipped PS-7910.

Ok, intresting!
I bought it in 2014, and so it says on a little grey sticker. I just presumed it was the year of manufacturing...
Will check again tomorrow if there are any other signs.

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Since we had SACHS-DOLMAR 100 recently, here is another eye-candy for you Dolmar lovers:

endgueltige_schiene.jpg

The SACHS-DOLMAR 33 is identical to SD 100, but with a yellow body.
There have been two variants of the model: The one with black hoods as shown in the pic,
an a one with yellow hoods.
I'll show fotos of the latter one later.

Solo Rex

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Since we had SACHS-DOLMAR 100 recently, here is another eye-candy for you Dolmar lovers:

View attachment 151959

There have been two variants of the model: The one with black hoods as shown in the pic,
Oh, sweet!

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 151959

That yellow actually looks pretty good on it. I wonder if those were originally destined to be MacDolmars but it fell through?

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Better than none at all I 'spose.
The way Makita ...Dolmar are structured in the UK is nothing like the US (re branded) . For ages Dolmar have not really been set up as a dealer network here unlike Makita that have had a large following in the engineering and building trade for many yrs selling more than saws.
Dolmar have there stronghold dealer situation in Germany and other euro countries. Makita uk are not trying to bury Dolmar as you asked , as Dolmar are not really here in the Makita dealerships (as a rule) anyhow.
If you still want a Dolmar product here in UK ...no problem , talk to someone like AJS and get one from Genmany.

Last edited:

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After Makita took over Dolmar's distribution early 2015, here in Germany Dolmar products have
disappeared form many DIY superstores and a good deal of long term Dolmar dealers
have dropped the brand and turned the husky road.

So here in Germany it still isn't exactly clear, which direction Dolmar will take, any way
the company as such no longer exists, former Dolmar GmbH is Makita Engineering Germany GmbH
sine late 2015 and Dolmar since then is only a mere brand of Makita Europe in Bruxelles.

And rumors go (based on a the Business Report of Makita Engineering) that no more
2-stroke motor products will be developed but rather that Makita and its brands will focus
on accu powered products mainly.

old_sir_henry

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That yellow actually looks pretty good on it. I wonder if those were originally destined to be MacDolmars but it fell through?

May be but I don't think so, because why should they continue the yellow ones in case these hadn't been taken by McCulloch?
Doesn't make much sense IMHO, but may some smart marketing crook did turn on about the MacDolmars and thought
it'll be cool to have some yellow models here as well? Just to widen the model range with remarkably little development cost?

Well all this is pure guesswork, however there were (at least to my knowledge) three Sachs-Dolmars that were shipped
as different models with a yellow body over a couple of years:
- Sachs-Dolmar 100 as yellow one is Sachs-Dolmar 33, this one later was changed to entirely orange and was the predecessor of the Dolmar PS-33.
- Sachs-Dolmar 105 -> Sachs-Dolmar 40
- Sachs-Dolmar 112 -> Sachs-Dolmar 50

As it happens, I have at least one of all the yellow models on my shelves