The forestry and logging pictures thread

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
6:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some of the areas I work are challenging, rocky terrain. I like having work but this tree about ended me, I wedged it so much that it pulled all the hinge wood and was still standing, hung up in stupid red cedar trees that are non sawable. No driver trees behind this fir either. Hooked a cable to it and Winched it over....argggggg20230926_133337.jpg

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
2:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wind was strong Today the tail end of storm Edwin and blowing the wrong way made it tough had to work too get each one down
@Funky sawman I get your day I had three snap off the same but I didn't have a winch so left them Hung up but they came down before I left tonight

IMG_20230927_160947_MP.jpgIMG_20230927_160940_MP.jpgIMG_20230927_160947_MP.jpg

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
9:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Probably a small amount of trees for loggers, but I got the opportunity to work with a great bunch of guys with chainsaws.
We dropped a little over 250 Southern pine beetle trees in 3 days. It was just a great time , hardy working when your having fun and cutting up with a bunch of jokers.
image0000.jpg

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not my pic but worth sharing... Pimp my skidder! I like it...
All round chains.. Skidder's are useless without chains not to mention who would run a Skidder without a grapple! It's nice and warm in the cab with the heater on lol

FB_IMG_1696044230339.jpg

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I feel attacked lol
You must be very fit!... Yeah actually I know you are very fit if ya pulling out wire rope! It's not for the soft among us 😉
I learnt in an old skidder without a grapple back when I was like 17ish... Up and down all day pulling out wire was awesome yeah nah not really haha..
One of my worst experiences with the wire rope was (the skidder had a grapple) anyways I backed down the side of a mountain got as close as I could without dying put a back wheel up against a big old Gumtree got out and started pulling the rope it was steep so was easy pulling going down hill as ya know...
Anyways I got so close a mere 3 meters or so from the log! And yup I pulled the rope off the drum! Idk how long it was but must of been 100 plus foot of wire rope came flying down the mountain at me lol
It didn't have that little locking tab that holds the cable on the drum but I'd never had it out that far to even know this.
Yeah and there was a truck on the dump waiting on me to bring a couple more logs for a full load..
Anyway to this day I don't know how I did it on my own but I got the wire rope back on the drum and spooled in and I was exhausted! haha.

Last edited:

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All round chains.. Skidder's are useless without chains not to mention who would run a Skidder without a grapple! It's nice and warm in the cab with the heater on lol

View attachment 391497
Yea , that’s big pimping , pretty cool

Catbuster

Roadbuilder Extraordinaire
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Probably a small amount of trees for loggers, but I got the opportunity to work with a great bunch of guys with chainsaws.
We dropped a little over 250 Southern pine beetle trees in 3 days. It was just a great time , hardy working when your having fun and cutting up with a bunch of jokers.
View attachment 391370

There’s a reason I continue to do stuff like this for free. Partly because I enjoy it, and often moreso because I like the people I’m working with. Keep up the good work, we all know we need it.

View attachment 391497

Yeah, Cat started offering their stuff blacked out from the factory a while ago. I’m not sure I I’m a big fan.

For heaters… Open cabs build character.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
2:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There’s a reason I continue to do stuff like this for free. Partly because I enjoy it, and often moreso because I like the people I’m working with. Keep up the good work, we all know we need it.

Yeah, Cat started offering their stuff blacked out from the factory a while ago. I’m not sure I I’m a big fan.

For heaters… Open cabs build character.

yeah that’s true plenty of wet branches rubbing the roll bar gpetting you drebched
heres an old skidder we got for winching it don’t very much in the summertime
but now winters coming and ash die back trees being winched
that scania straight pipe will be firing upIMG_20231002_133851_MP.jpgIMG_20231002_133937_MP.jpgIMG_20231002_133830_MP.jpgIMG_20231002_134011_MP.jpg

Last edited:

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
yeah that’s true plenty of wet branches rubbing the roll bar gpetting you drebched
heres an old skidder we got for winching it don’t very much in the summertime
but now winters coming and ash die back trees being winched
that scania straight pipe will be firing upView attachment 392201View attachment 392202View attachment 392203View attachment 392204
Never seen anything like took me awhile to work out what end was the front or back never seen the blade at the back on a Skidder before myself.