jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
7:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Jacob, is that you in the picture with what looks to be spruce?

Not in that picture- that's a Canadian faller that's a friend of a Facebook friend.
Somewhere though, I have some pictures of myself cutting a fairly large Spruce in the winter of '96/'97.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

sawfun

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those big logs sure bring back memories. I remember as a kid when two log loads seemed to be the norm and one log was not uncommon. Then three seemed to be the standard in the early 70's. It seemed in the late 70's and early 80's five log loads were common. Now it's mostly pecker poles or 18" logs at best. I now look at the back of trucks for saw felled timber, which is rare. There were numerous bent cranes to lift loads and the cone shaped slash burners. The last one of those I saw burning was in the early 90's.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those big logs sure bring back memories. I remember as a kid when two log loads seemed to be the norm and one log was not uncommon. Then three seemed to be the standard in the early 70's. It seemed in the late 70's and early 80's five log loads were common. Now it's mostly pecker poles or 18" logs at best. I now look at the back of trucks for saw felled timber, which is rare. There were numerous bent cranes to lift loads and the cone shaped slash burners. The last one of those I saw burning was in the early 90's.

The last WigWam I saw in service was at Mazama Lumber in Creswell in the late 80's. There was one up at Bohemia (in Disston, Oregon) when they closed the mill in 1990 but a lot of parts of the mill had been closed since 1988. I was actually working for a hazmat contractor and we cleaned up the tank traps at the old Bohemia site in 1991.

https://postimage.org/