High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

The Chainsaw Guy Buckshot muffler cover

kdb81275

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone else here is running a muffler cover or whole muffler built by Rich The Chainsaw Guy on YouTube from Myrtle Creek Saw Shop in Oregon and how they like it. I have one for my Stilh MS462C along with a BarkBox and IMO the Buckshot flows exhaust much better. Nice crisp sound as well. Great option for guys who lack access to shop equipment for building their own I think.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was told he was retiring
I don't know if he'll continue making them.
Once they're gone that might be it.
If anyone wanted one I've seen them often on ebay.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
1:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was wondering if anyone else here is running a muffler cover or whole muffler built by Rich The Chainsaw Guy on YouTube from Myrtle Creek Saw Shop in Oregon and how they like it. I have one for my Stilh MS462C along with a BarkBox and IMO the Buckshot flows exhaust much better. Nice crisp sound as well. Great option for guys who lack access to shop equipment for building their own I think.

Pics???

TX_Welder

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What size is the tubing on the buckshot ?

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I was told he was retiring
I don't know if he'll continue making them.
Once they're gone that might be it.
If anyone wanted one I've seen them often on ebay.
I saw him in the shop last week. He’s part-time at the shop, but I’m not sure about his custom stuff.

CLEARCUT

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Is the shop staying open and he's just done doing custom work? I've been meaning to make a road trip south to check out the shop...
Yeah, he doesn’t own the shop that I am aware of. I believe he is an employee, and the custom stuff was technically unrelated to the saw shop.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He used to own the shop, but many years ago he sold it to Jensen's Tree Service. They asked him to stay on as the service manager.

Years ago it was over on Oak street, but now the shop is between N. Main and SW 4th ave. Back in ye olde days, he had a pet racoon that lived at the shop.

dirter

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have one on my 261 and like it. I’d like to get one for my 462.

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like its mighty rich. Or spends a lot of time idleing with short periods of wfo no load

Dennisthemenace

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I have Richs Buckshots on my 039 461 462 660 x2, 661 and copies on 038 mag 381 and 084. I reckon the biggest performance improvement was on the 462 and surprisingly the 039